Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
every now and then I often think to give a company a try for my holiday and then I read these horror stories and Im always pleased I DIY.

I always find travel agents will ask you to alter your dates/airline or hotel to suit them. If Im parting with money its on my terms not theirs. Good luck getting this sorted, have faith in booking DIY its straight forward enough
We use them for flydrive and all our euro holidays I always do fully DIY. I would with Florida but 7 flights is always a big hefty payout straight away...
That said Ive mastered the bargain for easyJet now so just need to find a way to nab bargain Florida ones although Im watching BA like a hawk at the moment as my dates for summer should release mid sept ;-)
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

It is very poor of them to not respond to customers.

However flights are generally not moveable once booked. I don't use TAs so if this was me, I would have booked my flight directly and I would have to tell employer that I cannot change my holiday as it is already booked.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

if u cant change your flight it may be worth cutting your losses & buying another flight for yourself & just travelling by yourself on a different day.
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I can't believe I've found yet another thread in regards to FM...

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all the problems that you are, the stress they caused us last year was unbearable & added so much unnecessary stress.

Have you been ringing from the same number? They NEVER answer from a number that they recognize, especially when youve raised a complaint, they never replied to ANY emails I sent when I was complaining.

The only advice I can give you is, when you do get hold of these muppets, tell them that you are onto the police, boy did they get a move on after I threatened them with that...

I don't get how they are still in business, I can't stress to people...

STAY AWAY FROM THESE IDIOTS!

I appreciate that this doesn't help you out as I totally understand what you are going through, we've said the next time we go, I'll just do DIY.

At the beginning they sell you the world, they couldn't do enough at the beginning, soon as they got the deposit, they lost interest.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LouH View Post
We use them for flydrive and all our euro holidays I always do fully DIY. I would with Florida but 7 flights is always a big hefty payout straight away...
That said Ive mastered the bargain for easyJet now so just need to find a way to nab bargain Florida ones although Im watching BA like a hawk at the moment as my dates for summer should release mid sept ;-)

When it comes to flights granted I dont have 7 to shell out for I budget 1100 for the three of us. As soon as it comes in budget I book them and dont look again. I havent been restricted to school holidays to much so that has always helped!

I dont stay on site so always book my flights first and weigh up what hotels or villas are on offer. Havent had any issues yet thankfully
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LouH View Post
We are going next summer I will keep and eye now but wont "watch like a hawk" until Xmas when the better deals tend to come out or have done for us in the past
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
every now and then I often think to give a company a try for my holiday and then I read these horror stories and Im always pleased I DIY.

I always find travel agents will ask you to alter your dates/airline or hotel to suit them. If Im parting with money its on my terms not theirs. Good luck getting this sorted, have faith in booking DIY its straight forward enough
Can recommend Travel Planners, they were great last year. I was wary of using a TA as always done DIY but they came in a lot cheaper than I could do DIY and booked every thing with a 100 deposit at time of booking (10months before travel) and balance 12 weeks before travel.

But know what you mean about trusting TA, we only used them as had great reviews on The Dibb.
Old 17 Aug 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2504
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry to hear your having trouble with Florida masters. Ive also had issues with them in the past which ended very badly. How much have you paid as a deposit ? If its not too much I would cancel and try booking elsewhere. They are cowboys and shouldnt be allowed to run as a business!
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I wholeheartedly recommend citizens advice , I have currently been using them for a very expensive issue I am having with a company( not a holiday )they have been extremely helpful to me in finding the right channels to go through first.
I also recommend to everyone store all your emails to them in a folder and record all your telephone calls ( writing them down , times , what was said etc) and when they get back to you ask for everything to be written in an email.
For me this has been the paper trail I have needed.

My case is still not completed but having evidence in support of it I have been advised is 100% the best thing to do.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How is the OP doing in regards to the matter?
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List