Notices

Old 6 Sep 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

I've had enough Nonsense, I'm going back to Wonderland - Oct19

Well with under 7 weeks to go I have decided to have a go at a pre trip report. I apologise as I am not great at writing these things and have a tendency to waffle

So first off let me introduce the cast and give a bit of background to our Disney past.

This trip as our last in 2016,will feature Me, Kerry / Mum chief planner and keeper of the spreadsheets and my 2 daughters, Jasmine 17 and Amaya 16

We last visited in 2016 and had the best time, so had always hoped we would be able to come back. 2018 was a really tough year for Jasmine and us as her family and we went through a really dark time, so this trip is in part to celebrate coming out the other side and also a little boost to get through the year ahead (Gcses and A Levels ) and also it falls between the girls 16th and 18th birthdays.

It has been a bit of a squeeze to fit in with school but we have with the Schools permission for a couple of extra days leave booked 23/10/2019 to 2/11/2019

We are flying from Gatwick to MCO with Virgin and are staying at AOA. Now this is a big secret, I had originally planned to stay at All star sports as we liked it last time and don't have the budget for the deluxe hotels, but I was looking around and saw I could get a room at AOA for the same price with netflights so I booked it Amaya is a huge Little Mermaid fan and Jasmine suggested we keep it a surprise until we arrive. So excited she will be gobsmacked!

Thanks to the October 2019 dibb group I also found out about renting DVC points and decided to treat myself as its my birthday a couple of weeks before we go. I contacted a lovely dibber and are now staying one night at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am so excited for this, the resort looks amazing.

As I said we have been to Disney before once in 2016 and also once in 2008

In 2016 we did absolutely everything, but felt like we maybe we did too much and didn't take the time to actually soak it up, so this time we have picked our favourites to redo and a few new things but with more time spent on each.

We have each chosen one character breakfast:

Jasmine chose Crystal Palace (last time's favourite) as she love WTP and particularly Eeyore

Amaya has chosen Ohana, this is new to us. Amaya loves stitch and was really sad we didn't get to meet him last time. (and can't remember meeting him in 2008)

I have chosen 1900 Park Fayre, you may have spotted from the trip name I am a bit of an Alice fan and also love Mary Poppins so this was an easy choice for me. Plus breakfast lasagne what's not to love!

We have also booked MNSSHP as we had such a great time in 2016.

Amaya is still able to fit in her costume so will be Alice again, Jasmine is going a Tink and I have a Minnie style dress.

Our final purchase was day tickets for Discovery cove, we are not doing the Dolphin swim this time, but had such a relaxing day last time I couldn't resist visiting again.

Thank you for reading so far, if you have managed not to doze off

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016

Edited at 10:38 AM.
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like a great trip

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds great... love the photo of you and your girls... beautiful ladies! We will be coming to the end of our trip when you arrive but hopefully we'll get fab hot, dry October weather. 1900 Park Fayre is also my favourite. Will look forward to reading
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Looking forward to following along as it will remind me of my mum and daughter trip last October with my 18 yo DD 😀 We went similar dates to you, 21 October to 1 November

I’m a big Alice fan too so your trip report name drew me to reading 😂 My DD is a big Ariel fan, we stayed in AoA for our first trip in 2016 and loved it, the theming is fabulous.

We did MNSSHP last October and I dressed as Queen if Hearts and my DD was Miss Mad Hatter, we had a great time too. Hope you all have a wonderful trip xx

Edited at 08:36 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What beautiful ladies you are ❤️ Sounds like a great trip I’ll be following along.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

So exciting and not long to wait now! Might see you around. Are you doing MNSSHP on the 31st?

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a great trip planned. 😃

I’m not sure if you cancelled your BOG lunch or not but we are there at a similar time to you. If I spot you I’ll pop over to say hi. 👋

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to reading along x
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
So exciting and not long to wait now! Might see you around. Are you doing MNSSHP on the 31st?
No doing MNSSHP on 1st November, do say hi if you see us

Vegas - 2014
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Sounds like a great trip planned. 😃

I’m not sure if you cancelled your BOG lunch or not but we are there at a similar time to you. If I spot you I’ll pop over to say hi. 👋

Kat
Thanks, unfortunately I did cancel BOG. May regret it but was worried about being tied to getting over to MK for a certain time. Think we may grab something at the contemporary on the way over or at Pinocchio Haus (love the flatbread)

Do say hi if you see us wandering around

Vegas - 2014