Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Sep 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Onsite Table Service - please recommend!

I am starting to think about where we are going to spend on table service credits next year, we are on the DDP for 11 nights next year. We are a couple so no kids to factor in but I have very little experience of onsite dining

So far on the list I have

- Ohana (Tea)
- Trex/Rainforest café ( we may only do one of these rather than both I feel they look very samey.)
- Crystal place (breakfast)
- 50's prime time café
- Yachtsman

I have heard good things about the AKL restaurants but not really drawn by African cuisine

We enjoy our food and would really rather go for food quality over the likes of character meets - although character meals do not put us off at all.

Where are your must eat table service meals?
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loubyloulou
Excited about Disney

Two of our favourites as well as o'hana's were Flyin' fish and California Grill (Brunch). Both were amazing, staff and food!Both great for special meals.
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Flying fish, Cali grill and Home coming for us. We also liked skippers canteen in MK.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I go for brunch at California Grill every trip (upcoming will be my 4th time there), it's one of my favourite meals anywhere in the world and it's great food with great atmosphere. It's 2 TS credits though as it's signature dining.

Otherwise - places I've enjoyed eating at and would consider going back again
- Be Our Guest - but this was before the change to the menu last year, so I'm not sure what it's like now. Cool to eat inside the Beauty and the Beast castle though.
- Garden Grill - not so much for the food, but more for the amazing character interaction there
- Kona cafe - pretty decent food and I'm planning to try it again on my upcoming trip
- Hollywood Brown Derby - food was good

Places I've been to that were good, but would probably not go back as too many other options
- Cinderella's Royal Table - the food wasn't fantastic, but the experience of eating inside the castle was very cool. I'm very glad I did it once as it was such a unique experience.
- Tiffins - interesting food, but I found the food and service a bit variable between my two experiences there.

My current "wish list" of dining for my upcoming trip are: California Grill brunch, Boma, Jiko, Yak and Yeti, Art Smith's homecoming, Yachtman's steakhouse, Le Cellier, Kona cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, Akershus - I'll probably only go for a small number of these restaurants though!
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Spice Road Table at Epcot
Jungle Skipper Canteen at MK

I've had excellent meals at both this week 😀
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Following!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Teppan Edo, Chef Art Smith's, Chefs de France, 'OHana dinner, and Raglan Road are on my list this year.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Via Napoli, Yak & Yeti and Sci-Fi were our favourites!

Oh and also Cinderella's Royal Table. We heard a lot of people saying the food wasn't great but we decided to bite the bullet and book. Probably the best meal we had the entire holiday - amazing service and character interaction, the feeling of being inside the castle and fantastic food!
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Teppon Edo... chef de France and the wave for lunch
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

We really enjoyed California Grill and Boathouse at Disney Springs, both are 2 credits. We also enjoyed Raglan Road at disney springs, Tuskers, Liberty Tree Tavern, La hacienda de San Angel and Via Napoli in Epcot. My least favourite was Rainforest cafe, the food was ok but we felt rushed. I'd agree that T-rex looks similar so probably chose one. Saying that we are going back next year and kids really enjoyed and want to return to Rainforest cafe. Also on my list for next year is Teppen edo, Art Smith's homecomin, The Yachtman and
Spice table.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List