Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Airport Change for 25 September flight MT2975

25 September
Flight MT2605 from Orlando to Manchester
original flight MT2605 depart 18:20 now replaced with
VS2605 departing Orlando (MCO)17:20

original flight MT2769 depart 18:40 now replaced with
5Y2769 departing Orlando (MCO)18:40

Arrival Airport Change for this Flight
original flight MT2975 to LONDON GATWICK depart 17:35 now replaced with
VS2605 departing Orlando (MCO)18:20 To MANCHESTER ** (UK AIRPORT CHANGE)

**This is a change to the original UK arrival airport. This flight will be arriving into Manchester (MAN) airport and transfers back to London Gatwick (LGW) airport will be provided. Representatives will be there to meet you once you have passed through UK arrivals and they will provide instructions on your transfer.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
squibbon
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We are on this one. Obviously the fact that we pre booked seats with TC is irrelevant now. We can't check in online as we don't have any passenger numbers but are travelling with two children. Is there any guarantee, or are Virgin under any obligation, to at least make sure each child is seated with a parent?
squibbon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by squibbon View Post
We are on this one. Obviously the fact that we pre booked seats with TC is irrelevant now. We can't check in online as we don't have any passenger numbers but are travelling with two children. Is there any guarantee, or are Virgin under any obligation, to at least make sure each child is seated with a parent?
It's all being handled at the airport, would suggest getting there early as the seats will be allocated on check in
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
squibbon
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
It's all being handled at the airport, would suggest getting there early as the seats will be allocated on check in
Thanks. Will perhaps see when the earlier Magical Express is so we can get there and get queuing. With that and the transfer back down to Gatwick, which going by what I have read elsewhere will be on a coach, it stands to be a long journey. At least they are getting us back ok.
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Ickleblu
I want to go now!

Mobile

We are on the coach back to Gatwick now. Some very unhappy people at check in that couldn’t have the exit rows or legroom seats they paid for as the different layout plane didn’t have them. Also some people turned up for one of the Manchester flights and didn’t realise there was a date change on it. Not the best way to end a holiday but my heart goes out to all the families that are a lot worse off than us.

1998 Holiday Inn I-Drive ~ 2009 Rosen Inn I-Drive ~ 2013 POR Royal River View ~ 2014 POR Royal Pool View ~ 2014 Disney Fantasy EC ~ 2014 Sequoia Lodge DLP
Ickleblu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. Will perhaps see when the earlier Magical Express is so we can get there and get queuing. With that and the transfer back down to Gatwick, which going by what I have read elsewhere will be on a coach, it stands to be a long journey. At least they are getting us back ok.
Heading back today with everything on schedule so far. Taking an earlier DME as you said to make sure. Let me know how you got on. I will let you know when I get back to Fishguard how it all went
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ickleblu View Post
We are on the coach back to Gatwick now. Some very unhappy people at check in that couldn’t have the exit rows or legroom seats they paid for as the different layout plane didn’t have them. Also some people turned up for one of the Manchester flights and didn’t realise there was a date change on it. Not the best way to end a holiday but my heart goes out to all the families that are a lot worse off than us.
Surely they paid for those seats to a company that no longer exists so they lost them. The CAA are just supplying seats back to the U.K. and transfers to the original airport. Nothing more.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Surely they paid for those seats to a company that no longer exists so they lost them. The CAA are just supplying seats back to the U.K. and transfers to the original airport. Nothing more.
I bought premium with TC but I couldn't care a hoot. Leandet can sit one side and I'd happily stand if I just get back to Manchester on a flight. It shouldn't matter
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
squibbon
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Well, it took us 25 hours 49 minutes and 20 seconds from leaving our room at AKL to getting back this evening. But we're back. Everyone we dealt with from the moment we got to the Virgin check in at MCO through to the people at Manchester handing out water and snacks before we got on the coach were really helpful.
I think it was worth getting the Magical Express a little bit earlier for the peace of mind knowing we had got seats together. I know not everyone did.
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dead-metal
Excited about Disney

Well, it took us 25 hours 49 minutes and 20 seconds from leaving our room at AKL to getting back this evening. But we're back. Everyone we dealt with from the moment we got to the Virgin check in at MCO through to the people at Manchester handing out water and snacks before we got on the coach were really helpful.
I think it was worth getting the Magical Express a little bit earlier for the peace of mind knowing we had got seats together. I know not everyone did.
I’m glad you got back safe. You were among the lucky ones by the sounds of it.

My daughter and her boyfriend are still in Orlando, having not been able to board the flight they were supposed to be on last night. It was then changed to 7am then 12.50 then 2pm and it still hasn’t taken off.
I-Drive 1993, I-Drive 1995, Maingate 1996, DLRP 2003, DLRP 2004, I-Drive 2006, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2009, I-Drive 2009 + 4 day Wonder cruise, DLRP 2010, I-Drive 2010, DLRP 2012, LBV 2012, I-Drive 2013, I-Drive 2014
Dead-metal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List