Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Does anyone know if this can be completed at pre-clearance at Dublin?
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Does anyone know if this can be completed at pre-clearance at Dublin?
I don't know sorry but even the US Embassy in London has stopped doing the interviews. I think the centres are only in the US and Canada.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I don't know sorry but even the US Embassy in London has stopped doing the interviews. I think the centres are only in the US and Canada.
There are two active offices listed outside US/Canada if anyone travels that way -

QATAR
Doha (Doha International Airport)
SINGAPORE
Singapore (Singapore, U.S. Embassy)

I would make an appointment for during your stay but ask at Dublin, the wording in our email doesn't look good though :-

Enrollment on Arrival is ONLY available if you are arriving from an international trip and will be completed during the arrival process.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

I love global entry, so far my best time (at Atlanta) was 6 minutes from leaving the doors of the plane to being through customs/immigration and having my hold baggage!
Last year at MCO I had my nephew and it took an hour just in the immigration line, how I missed GE.
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Global entry has been one of the best things we have ever spent money on. Amazing!
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Sadly I dont have any USA trips planned but if you are cleared for GE how long is it valid for ? Is it valid for all USA airports ?
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Sadly I dont have any USA trips planned but if you are cleared for GE how long is it valid for ? Is it valid for all USA airports ?
You have 365 days from receiving conditional approval online to complete the process at a face to face interview. It is taking about 16/20 weeks from application to get CA.

Can't find a list but website says :

Global Entry program members can use Global Entry Customs Kiosks at more than 75 airports when returning to the U.S. from travel abroad.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
You have 365 days from receiving conditional approval online to complete the process at a face to face interview. It is taking about 16/20 weeks from application to get CA.

Can't find a list but website says :

Global Entry program members can use Global Entry Customs Kiosks at more than 75 airports when returning to the U.S. from travel abroad.
Thanks what I really mean was once approved how long is GE Valid for ? E.g. length of passport ? Esta (suspect not) etc
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It is great to have and definitely worth it if you are going more than once a year (or if you hate queues!)

I got mine thinking it would be great for my trips to WDW and visiting my son at uni and it has been well worth the money.

Definitely make an appointment though and don't just rely on the IO at the airport being available. When mine was processed there were 6 people already in front of me (all Americans) and I waited well over an hour.

He'd taken my passport off me so I couldn't just leave and go to the appointment later. Ironically, the immigration hall was empty before I was processed!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks what I really mean was once approved how long is GE Valid for ? E.g. length of passport ? Esta (suspect not) etc
It’s valid for 5 years but doesn’t expire until your birthday, so in theory you could have almost 6 years.

Renewing your passport has no effect as you simply update your details on the website. ESTA is irrelevant, however, you still need to have one.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List