Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
rokut
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

One night in Disney hotel - which one?

Hi all,

Forgive me - I've lurked on and off here for years, but with a family trip coming up in December I wanted to get some thoughts and advice from you all (if you don't mind!).

Myself, wife and two girls (7 and 4.5) are heading to Orlando from 22nd Dec to 3rd Jan. We have a decent located Villa for all but the last night, and as we are flying in/out of Miami the plan was to head down to Miami and have our final night there. I have got over excited and looked into staying at a Disney resort for our final night (2nd Dec).

Currently I have bookings on the following (all free to cancel);

Coronado Springs, Standard Room, £149
Coronado Springs, Tower Water View, £208
POR, Royal Guest Room - Pool View, £260
Yacht Club, Standard Room, £296

Any thoughts on the 'value' the above hold? I'm excited about the Yacht Club from what I read about it, but is half the price in a standard room at Coronado just too good to say no to?

Thanks all!
Rich
rokut is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

It depends how you value the ability to walk into Epcot, boat to the Studios,swim in Stormalong Bay and have easy walking access to loads of restaurants for your evening meal if you are planning one. These are all reasons we choose YC for a longer stay.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We are there for Christmas and we are a family of 6, the reviews coming back for the newly refurbished Coronado Springs have been excellent, I booked it because it is the only moderate with a gym, the new restaurants look amazing as does the bar on the water, so I understand it is a great value moderate option, but not so heavy on a Disney Theme, which doesn't bother us as such because we go to a lot of the other resorts to eat and drink etc as well as the parks so more of a bed for us but keeping us in the Disney Bubble.:-)
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

If the budget allows it I would go with YC.

The ease of access to Epcot (and DHS), in addition to the amazing pool 😍 makes it my favourite on site hotel.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm. Thats a heck of a lot extra to spend for just 1 night in some of the places. Plus I very much doubt the pool will be warm enough to use.

Having stayed in CSR in May I would opt for that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Have you looked at renting DVC points? You may well find a good option in one of those resorts for not much more.

TBH, I'd suggest spending that money/night at Universal (if you are going there) and get the EP benefits. Personally I think that's a better deal.

I don't see much "value" in staying at Disney. Free basic magic band ($16 each), free parking at the parks (this year only). 60 day FP option for that night.

I see more value staying at HRH and getting 2 days EP inc.

That's just me though
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We did one night at Beach Club. Checked in about 7am and had two really fun days. Was great to walk to Epcot and return for a dip in the pool in the afternoon. Was August though
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
If you are flying from Miami on the day when you wake up in the Disney hotel then I don't think you are going to get much value from any of them frankly, as you'll be wanting to start heading South, just in case you hit any issues on the road.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I honestly think it would be a waste of money if it's your last night and you're flying from Miami the next day.

I'll assume you'll be flying around teatime, maybe 18:00. You need to be arriving around 15:00 for check in and will want to allow for a 4 hour drive without stops which is leaving Orlando at 11:00. I wouldn't think that would give you any time to spend in a park on your very last day.

Given that it will be pretty cool you probably won't use the pools at whichever resort you stay at, so the only other "perk" for staying onsite that I can see would be magic bands (pointless as you would only use them for one day) and 3 fastpasses for check in day. £200 is a lot to pay for 3 fastpasses. Maybe you could squeeze in 3 more for check out day before you leave, but you'd be pushing it for time for sure. Fastpass lines won't be short in peak season.

You can check into your resort from 7am (I think) so can use the facilities there, but you won't get into your room until at least 4pm and given that it will be extraordinarily busy, I'd be surprised if it wasn't later as they'll have a lot of people checking out that weekend and cleaners will be busy; we've been late getting into a room in low season for this reason.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If it was me I'd stick to the original plan and spend that night in Miami. You don't know what the roads are going to be like on the day of the flight and if you're there the night before you won't have to worry about it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List