Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rokut
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Thanks for all the differing views everyone - some really great points and I appreciate the time to think and post on my question

In a ridiculous coincidence I was contacted today by BA saying that our 11.50pm flight out of Miami on the 3rd has been cancelled and after 30 mins on the phone trying to find a new option landed on Tampa back to London on the 4th Jan at 7.30pm, so yes needing to be at the airport around 4.30pm in Tampa.
So nearly a whole day longer to spend in FL which we’re glad of, and only 100 miles from Orlando instead of the 240 to Miami.

So I need to re-check the prices for maybe two nights or take the last night over towards Tampa.

I love the idea of YC, but the value of the standard room at Coronado may win out as we’ll be shelling out for an extra night now anyway.

Again, thanks very much for all the replies. You guys are ace!
rokut is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We are doing 3 nights next year and whilst YC is our fav of all the resort hotels it was double the cost of POFQ and as this is a bit of a bolt on to the main holiday it has given me an extra 900 beer tokens to spend. We quite like the thought of getting the boat down to Disney Springs at night so having read a few reviews we have decided on POFQ
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I was in the same boat as you Rokut, my flight on the 29th Dec from MIA at 11pm was cancelled. They seem to have removed this option!
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I now always stay on site. Yeafs ago we used to do split stays. Forme the biggest issue is once you try it, it is very hard not to do it every trip.

CSR is one of my favorites so I would do that or checkout AKL (your girls are the best age for it). I love the universal hotels (also confirmed on siter) but I don't see much benefit to front of the line for children that young.

Staying on site is special so any hotel would be fine. Go spend a night or two and have a blast.

Also I think driving to Tampa is a much better option than Miami, both for distance and convenience. It is a relatively small airport and not difficult to find and get around. We stayed at the Hyall (?) in the airport when we had an early flight back which my kids, especially the boys, loved. Almost as good as a thmee park.

Also if you stay towards Tampa, think about a day in the area,
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
rokut

Thanks again everyone. Held onto the YC and CS Standard Room for now, will have to make the final call closer to the time

Ridersmom - absolutely. The Miami flights we booked were the cheapest way for us to make the holiday work and in/ out of Miami wasn't ideal. So the Tampa return is a huge bonus. Our plan is to now spend the final night over Crystal Springs way before heading down to Tampa airport for the flight home
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

I’d go for Coronado, the buses were excellent and it’s all newly refurbed
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mmm. Thats a heck of a lot extra to spend for just 1 night in some of the places. Plus I very much doubt the pool will be warm enough to use.

Having stayed in CSR in May I would opt for that.
With pools heated to 84 degrees and an average temp of 70-76, they should be able to use them. Come on Tom I thought you were a hardy Welshman?!
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post

That is a good price for the Yacht Club, if it were the whole holiday, I would take that. However for one night, I am really not sure I would worry about it too much, I’d just go with the cheapest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
rokut

Still have both the rooms. Can hold them right up until the end of December without penalty, but currently thinking YC would be great for a final walk into Epcot, dinner at Coral Reef and the *potential* to chuck ourselves into Stormalong Bay.
I also can't see us revisiting Disney World for a while with our other travel plans so the extra cash will help say a proper farewell