Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile Cost of travel with TUI

I was chatting to someone in work about my holiday. She said she would love to take her family but TUI quoted her nearly £12,000. So I did a bit of searching and came up with the same holiday booked direct with Disney and indirect flights for just over £8,000
So why are TUI charging almost £4K for doing the booking?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
I was chatting to someone in work about my holiday. She said she would love to take her family but TUI quoted her nearly £12,000. So I did a bit of searching and came up with the same holiday booked direct with Disney and indirect flights for just over £8,000
If TUI are £12k I dread to think what Virgin would charge
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Are you comparing eggs with eggs. You say indirect flights but TUI are direct. Is the accodation the same, is dining plan included , do they both include the same park tickets, luggage allowance etc.
Having said that i would expect you could find cheaper then TUI doing DIY.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Are you comparing eggs with eggs. You say indirect flights but TUI are direct. Is the accodation the same, is dining plan included , do they both include the same park tickets, luggage allowance etc.
Having said that i would expect you could find cheaper then TUI doing DIY.
everything exactly the same except the flights - and indirect flights are from our local airport where TUI flights are from Gatwick over 100 miles away
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
If TUI are £12k I dread to think what Virgin would charge
When I was checking prices TUI consistently came up higher than Virgin. By up to £200pp more in some cases, a not inconsiderable amount.

I have no idea why they think they can charge what they do, their service is no better than any other operator. After Malta in 2015 I think my mother has a vendetta against them now, they choose Jet2holidays for European packages now, and there was no way I was paying £400-600 more to go to florida for the same dates/flights as Virgin or Thomas Cook. (RIP)
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

When we were originally pricing up, before free DDP was released, TUI were coming out much more expensive than the other providers for 2020 so it's not a response to TC.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
But why? Why would anyone book with them if they are so much more expensive and how do they justify adding on so much?
Old 15 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
I assume TUI are providing direct flights? If so, then you are not comparing like with like.

Have you costed up what direct flights on the same days plus staying at the same hotel would cost if booked DIY?

Flying indirect is almost always going to be cheaper. People are willing to pay more for the convenience of flying direct (myself included). I don't think I would pay nearly £4K more but I would pay more.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:25 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

How very strange, we have always found TUI cheaper than anyone including DIY perhaps we are just lucky with them each time. How many are she talking about going with & which hotel they talking about?
Nimbus is right tho you cannot compare Indirect with Direct who ever you are flying with. I personally would never fly Indirect far to many 'what if's' doing it that way for me.
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
StarlingFlight
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We have booked with Tui for March. I usually book hotel direct with Disney and book flights seperate but that was coming out £300 more expensive than just booking everything with Tui. Usually Tui is bottom of my list as I don't want to fly into Sanford but the package is actually virgin flights. Not even their own flights and Tui managed to under price everyone else. I can't predict who will be cheapest anymore.
StarlingFlight is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List