Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Chair there are current thoughts on the Liverpool Pathways and nil by mouth issue I won't voice mine here
Be assured I've my end of life care plan in place should I need it and I ont care if I get aspiration pneumonia if I want a drink I'll get it believe me
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Or sweetheart stout was an other option
I started training 1978 and at times the best option we had for terminal illness pain was Brompton Cocktail a whole load of opiatetes in a alcohol base such as brandy or gin liberal amounts were prescribed believe me
Good old Brompton cocktail I can remember dishing it out and can still remember it’s distinctive smell.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

I had not long married my husband maybe a few weeks and his mother introduced me to one of her chums... this is Nikki, David's... friend. Not even girlfriend we had been together near 3 years and now married!
I just whipped round to look at hubby who was oblivious to it all. Was quite funny and we laugh about it now. My mil is a lovely lady 81 this christmas day.

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

First time I visited my MIL she kept asking him how his old girlfriend was doing... snd my SIL told me that her btother didnt like ”complicated” relationships... luckily they didnt manage to scare me away and I am still here 27 years later 😃

My stepmom is one of those people that knows everything about anything even things she has no clue about. She lives in Canada and I particularly remember once many years ago when we were visiting and saw a wedding party outside a restaurant on a Sunday. ” They must be Jewish. Only Jewish people get married on a Sunday”. Didnt matter that I tried to explain I’ve been to Church of England weddings on Sundays...
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
They must be Jewish. Only Jewish people get married on a Sunday”. Didnt matter that I tried to explain I’ve been to Church of England weddings on Sundays...
That reminds me of one my mum said once. Sat in John Lewis cafe and she commented on some ladies sat near by being Jewish. I queried how she knew, she said 'you can just tell'! I agreed they did, but she couldn't understand that they might not be just because they looked it!
They were very smartly dressed with a look of Maureen Lipman so the chances are they were but she couldn't understand my point that looks don't prove religion!
She's 84 on Friday so very stuck in her ways!
She commented the other day on my dd16 wearing a pride badge and I said it wouldn't ever surprise me if she told me she preferred girls(currently has a boyfriend) and my mum said 'shes too young to decide and half of them change their minds' ! Maybe we will keep anything like that from my mum!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Mil said you’re not going to Florida again and doing all those rides! Her daughter goes now with the kids and she says nothing! We do get on ok tho!
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband is an identical twin and when we first got married she stopped sending him birthday cards but always sent his brother one. When he asked her she said " you've got a wife to send you one"
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

If its not made in / from South Shields its crap

see curry, fish & chips, ice cream, outdoor clothing, beach, walks, sara millican, joe macelderry, 1/2 little mix etc etc etc
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have another one.

My DMIL can't always find the word for something. To describe a food court at the shopping centre to a similarly elderly friend, she said "all those stalls for people who don't cook"
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

When we’d been together about a year and we were 20 and 23 years old we announced we had booked a trip to Florida together.

My other half’s mum literally every time we saw her brought up the holiday and kept saying things like “well you’ll never be able to afford another holiday again after this one.” Or “well you’ll never be able to afford anything ever again.”

She only stopped saying these things when one day (before the holiday) we were discussing our plans to buy a house after the holiday and MIL says “you’d have to save for a deposit first...” to which I responded “we have 20k between us after we’ve been on the holiday, we will manage.”

She is a lovely person she just can’t bear to part with any money and I can’t stress how much she went on and on after we booked that holiday! We bought a house though two months after we got back so...
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List