Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Skin program for ageing skin

I currently use no 7 face anti wrinkle products but I am wondering what I can use for a better result. Apparently retinol is good for renewal of skin cells.
Does anyone use any retinol products for ageing skin?
There seems to be a wide range of products in a wide range of prices but how do you know what is any good?
What do you use?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Recently I was listening to a science programme on R4 and it said there are only 3 proven things against wrinkles;
1) don't smoke or give it up
2) use a high factor sun cream every day
3) retinol.

Nothing else has any proven benefits at all. So I would suggest you get something that is mostly retinol - which will probably be VERY expensive - or be like me and just give up and grow old disgracefully
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think there is an element of luck too.

My schoolfriend had terribly oily skin when we were teens but by hell she looks good now!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have changed my skincare routine massively over the past year as I knew my skin was changing (I’m 48). I started by double cleansing (thanks again hideinpockets - I’ll be eternally grateful &#128514. I don’t tone as such and I have a theory when you do this it stops your skin working for itself but I do use pixi glow tonic pads a couple of times a week. I use a decent eye cream and facial oil rather than a moisturiser but most importantly I’ve changed to a richer night cream. Tried a few and then found one that I loved - I saw the difference in days.
I’ve tried a couple of products with retinol but honestly found the plant based suited me better. It takes time to find the right products for your skin but a good routine makes all the difference
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Retinol doesn’t have to be expensive. Companies like The Ordinary have retinol which is extremely affordable, or The Beauty Pie have a lot of retinol. Beauty Pie is a subscription company, so you do have to pay a monthly subscription but you get the products at wholesale price rather than RRP. They explain it a lot better on their website but I’ve been a member for a while now and their products are some of the best quality I’ve tried! Anyway retinol is the way to go and there are affordable ones out there just a little bit of research is needed ☺️
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Cutting out or down on caffeine (tea and coffee) and substituting that with tap water is supposed to really help too

Failing all that do what many Women and Men I know in “real life” do - have some Botox and every 6 months or so a £50 top up and you then can use the cheapest of moisturisers with SPF and you have perfectly looking skin - easy and often a lot cheaper than many lotions and potions

Edited at 11:39 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I only have one cup of coffee early morning. I am very sensitive to caffeine so I can’t drink it later lol
I don’t smoke or drink alcohol but I know I don’t drink enough water.
I think I will invest in some retinol and drink more water. Plus I am going to start using a sin factor on my face even in winter.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Cutting out or down on caffeine (tea and coffee) and substituting that with tap water is supposed to really help too

Failing all that do what many Women and Men I know in “real life” do - have some Botox and every 6 months or so a £50 top up and you then can use the cheapest of moisturisers with SPF and you have perfectly looking skin - easy and often a lot cheaper than many lotions and potions
Oh no megaflyer! Growing old gracefully with well cared for skin is a much better option
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Oh no megaflyer! Growing old gracefully with well cared for skin is a much better option
Lol I can’t disagree but I guess I am more likely to grow old disgracefully 😆
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
I'm using the Lacura Miracle cream at the moment, and its the best thing I've ever tried. My skin is so much softer and looks firmer. I'm not very lined at all, but I have swapped from the more expensive brands and go to Aldi for most of my skin care now.
Pamperedwolf on you tube has great retinol instructions.

I don't ever intend to Botox my face.