Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Oct 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Davids DVC questions

He all

Having heard many good things about renting points from David I am going ahead and booking boardwalk studio for a week next year. (FIngers crossed it's available)
So some questions I have:

Can I use the magical express from MCO? if so how do I book it?

When paying David with debit card will I be charged any fees for paying in sterling?

When I purchase park tickets (from wherever) how do I link these to MDE and then book fp+ at 60 days?

Has anyone got any reviews, recommendations on room area, trip reports etc for staying here?

Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
He all

Having heard many good things about renting points from David I am going ahead and booking boardwalk studio for a week next year. (FIngers crossed it's available)
So some questions I have:

Can I use the magical express from MCO? if so how do I book it?

When paying David with debit card will I be charged any fees for paying in sterling?

When I purchase park tickets (from wherever) how do I link these to MDE and then book fp+ at 60 days?

Has anyone got any reviews, recommendations on room area, trip reports etc for staying here?

Thank you
Magical express... Yes, you give them details and they will book it.

Debit cards... depends on your bank. Probably.

Tickets... easily added on MDE. Couldnt be simpler. Its all in one place.

Boardwalk...the best location. You can walk to half of Disney World from their I'll let others help with the trip reports.

We booked with David for the first time as I couldnt find enough points on the Dibb sales area. Worked fine and was extremely easy.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Boardwalk is gorgeous
We used David's to book my step daughter and her family, really straightforward.
Charges on a debit card depend on your bank, mine charges, my husband has a fee based card that gives free insurance, AA cover, phone insurance etc and doesn't get foreign transaction charges so check your specific account.
DME no problem (I didn't bother booking it , just showed up and got on) In fact as I went to meet them they allowed me travel too (not policy , our Disney hotel said no but a bit of charm at the airport sorted it , they just swiped My Magic Band to check I was a current guest mid stay)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We used Dave’s for a 2 night stay in September. Would definitely use them again. As soon as the balance as paid I could see much booking on MDE. We had a boardwalk view room and were right over Screen Door General Store.

2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
We used Dave’s for a 2 night stay in September. Would definitely use them again. As soon as the balance as paid I could see much booking on MDE. We had a boardwalk view room and were right over Screen Door General Store.

Wow sounds amazing.
So you linked your tickers and were able to book rides at 60 days out?

Do you recall how much the resort refillable mugs were?

Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We own at Boardwalk so biased as we love it and have rented out points via David's. For the bookings I have done I have added ME and dinning plan for people so all can be linked on MDE. I found David's great to use fron a sellers perspective- they were very efficient and their communications were great.
Live other DVC resorts there are studios and 1 and 2 bedrooms. 1 bedrooms and up have a full kitchen and washing machine. Studios have a small kitchen area with sink, fridge and microwave. Views are Boardwalk, Garden/pool or standard. We always just book standard view as less points and we spend very little time in the room. All rooms have a full balcony. The rooms on the ground floor can be a bit dark as there are lots of trees and shrubs. The hallways are LONG. We always ask for a room away from the lifts as like the quiet but it is a long walk so if that is an issue for you request near the lifts. Not guaranteed but worth asking. There is no QS dinning in the Boardwalk Villa side of the resort. You have to go to the bakery on the Boardwalk or pool to get your mug refilled. Others find this a pain - we are fine with it. Some people HATE the clown pool slide- we don't so are happy to swim there. 😎.
Location is amazing as you can walk to EPCOT and Hollywood studios -although that's further. (There are boats too but these are slow although a nice ride). You can also walk to Fantasia gardens mini golf and walk to use the restaurants in the Swan/Dolphin for a change.
We also hire our car to be collected from the Swan/Dolphin which we find convenient.
Beach club over the lake does a good character breakfast in Cape Msy and has Beaches and Cream for fab ice creams. There is also a whole range of restaurants on the Boardwalk including a small shop for bread and milk etc. It's not cheap but if you just needs bits and pieces it's handy.

I could go on and on as have owned there since 2000 so please pm me if you have any specific questions and I'll try and help.

When do you want to go as I could look and see what's available for you if that would give you an idea of points you may need?

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

PS this was our standard view when we're were last there. Very private 😂

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Davids is an excellent company (never heard a bad word said anywhere and I have rented points out with them, excellent to deal with).

If you go for Standard view at Boardwalk (highly recommended, much lower points- and thus cheaper- the best 'standard' on property IMO) and you don't mind being quite far from lobby (but there are staircases which short cut you down near the pool and gym) ask for 'High Floor- opposite tennis court or bus stop'. Ask the owner via Davids to send a request for this area. It is brilliant- quiet, decent view, you can come out of a stairwell and it is near to the bus stop, same for pool. Also the closest rooms on property to Hollywood Studios, as you can exit via the back corner of BWV, straight onto the walkway to HWS.
Here is a video of the exact rooms- this is a 2 bed lockoff- so a 1 bed and a studio with an interconnecting door, so you can see both types of rooms.

I would personally go standard at Boardwalk as it is such good value.
To get standard in a studio, you will need an owner to be booking near the 11 months window- very close to it if going in food and wine. If you go for a 1 bed, then ouside of food and wine they are generally available at 7.
Boardwalk is my favourite resort. I would have bought there if the DVC contracts had been longer lasting. But given I get 1 beds, I can book it anyway OK normally at 7 months.
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Question with Boardwalk- What is not to like?
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I put in a request with David's back in September just over the 11 month window for 3 nights at AKL and another for 3 nights at Boardwalk. As it's 2 resorts it's 2 separate requests so I paid 2 deposits.

The AKL one is all booked, this happened within 48 hours of the 11 month reservation window. As soon as I had paid the balance I input the code into MDE and it's showing for me. So it's all good.

I went for the Boardwalk standard view studio, while there is DVC availability they didn't have an owner with points for Boardwalk so I'm having to wait. I should probably chase up, I really hope a Boardwalk owner comes along wanting to rent out for next August.

I want to stay there for all the reasons mentioned above. Fingers crossed it works out for you, good luck. I'm going to check out that video.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 07:30 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List