Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile Idiots guide to the Disney Magic Band

When I go next year as I'm there for 3 weeks and I intend spending more time in the parks than I have in the past, a fitter and leaner me in progress, I would like to get a Magic Band.
I will be purchasing my ticket before I go and making my ADR and reservations and fast passes etc so when I go to my first park and purchase the band of my choice how do I download everything on it from my mde.
Is this easy as I am not very tech minded. I understand from reading on the Google that I can put all my my reservations etc on there but how does that happen t i a
DISNEYALI is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

You don’t put anything on the band as such, it just links to your MDE account. When you buy the band they will link it for you then you can automatically use it to scan in for fast passes/photos etc
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you've got everything on MDE it will all be done for you. Having a magic band once you'll never want to be without it - plus they are valid for I think three years so you don't need to buy a new one every trip
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Analogy to a magic band (for those old enough to remember )... It's like an old post office account book. Anything int he account, you can get out if you have the book.

you go online and can see what's in your account, you produce the book (band) to get stuff out of (use stuff in) the account.
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loads of info on the Dibb about magic bands https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dis...nd-p-1333.html
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

You can even link it yourself, but probably better to ask the CM to do it for you.

In a nut shell, every MB has a unique reference number and this is what you enter within your MDE via your smart phone.
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Having a Magic Band is so convenient, i would definitely get one if I stayed offsite.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
If you've got everything on MDE it will all be done for you. Having a magic band once you'll never want to be without it - plus they are valid for I think three years so you don't need to buy a new one every trip
The battery is good for about 3 years for long-range RFID stuff like on-ride photos. After that the band will still continue to work for short-range RFID like park entrance / FastPass scanning. I'm still using an original design plain blue MagicBand & will be doing so again in just over two weeks time.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Analogy to a magic band (for those old enough to remember )... It's like an old post office account book. Anything int he account, you can get out if you have the book.

you go online and can see what's in your account, you produce the book (band) to get stuff out of (use stuff in) the account.
Perhaps a more recent example would be a contactless debit card and a bank account. You don't load anything onto the debit card itself; there's no money loaded onto it. Instead, the debit card only contains a unique ID. When you tap the card on a pay terminal to pay for something, the machine scans that ID, and then looks at the bank account linked to that card, sees whether you have any money in that account, and then removes the money from that account. You can also go into an app or website on your phone and update things about your bank account (eg. transfer money into/out of the account).

In this case, the MagicBand is like a debit card and your MyDisneyExperience account is like your bank account. The MagicBand merely lets the machine access your MDE account which then checks that the MDE account has the relevant "funds" (tickets, fastpasses, dining reservations, etc).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OP. Get. Disney cast Member to link it all up for you. You will then be able to use it. I suggest testing it for all its functions ASAP as like any tech it can go wrong. So. Buy something immediately. Use a FPP as soon as you can. Leave the park and re enter to test that.