Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Flight time change

We have a package booked with Travel Republic 11 to 25 november with direct virgin flights. Our original times were 10.30 from Manchester returning 17.30 from Orlando. Our holiday was booked i n January this year
And we did get a notification that there was a time change soon after it was booked but as it was only a minimal time difference it was fine. I have just looked at my booking and the return flight time is now 20.45! On our last day we usually have a leisurely morning by the pool and late lunch before heading to airport. We like the fact also that we arrive v early back to uk and get home before lunchtime. With this new departure time we now arrive in manchester over three hours later so get to our home mid afternoon!

I know its a bit late in the day to try and change the return flight (if we can) and it would have to be an indirdct flight which we dont mind, but it would mean maybe losing our two seats together at back of plane. So not sure what to do !

Any advice

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Obviously the earlier flight was empty so they have moved to flights together, have you still got the same seats?
I would leave it how it is. I know you get back later, but flights can often be delayed
anyway.
I dont know if 3 hours is enough difference for Virgin to move you to a different flight without fees. You said you only just noticed, but i wander when the time change was actually made.

Personally it seems more stress to move flight for the sake of 3 hours. An indirect flight would surely be leaving nearer lunch time giving you less time on your last day.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

This happens a lot with Virgin as loads of us on here will be able to confirm!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List