Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 16, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Quick mention for Discount Florida Car Hire

Just got back from a wonderful trip and wanted to just mention the excellent service we received from Andy at discountfloridacarhire.

His prices were the best we could find and he helped us with everything pretty much every step of the way! He goes out of his way to make everything run as smoothly as possible and I couldn't fault his service. We also rented a sat nav from him which worked perfectly and was fully pre programmed!

Give them a try

Regards Paul
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for posting good to know, we are using Andy next April, we got a fab price and great service from him and also will have his sat nav, nice to know all went well
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Andy did a lot of post-hire chasing for me in respect of charges made by Dollar falsely in respect of the fuel level on return of the car.
He tried beyond my expectations and for that I am grateful. It's still an ongoing dispute via my credit card but initially Andy found out about the charges, disputed them and got a partial refund (what a star).
September 2024 Last family trip to WDW
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

used him in july, great service, good price and he has loads of advice and tips

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 16, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad to hear it, we're using Andy for our trip in July. Service has been brilliant so far.

He must get lots of business through this and well deserved!
Old 25 Nov 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
suecleve
Excited about Disney

Thanks for this . Just got a good price for next july for 2 weeks chevy tahoe coming up at £662. Have messaged him. This is alamo and was £1300 on their website and not much cheaper through Alamo Brits!

International Inn - I Drive 1989+ Comfort Inn - I Drive 1991 +Bridgwater Crossing 2009 +Calabay Parc 2010 & 2012 + Silver Creek 2015 + Formosa Gardens 2017
October 2018 - Indian Ridge
suecleve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 16, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Another fan here, rented a few times and referred loads of ppl to him, all been great! big thumbs up

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 16, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Also wanted to praise Andy, we booked our hire car for Oct 2017, then a few weeks later Andy emailed me to say the rates had changed and we could get a much better deal now and arranged the same, making us a nice saving
Old 29 Nov 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We've booked with Andy for next August. Great service so far
Old 29 Nov 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
UKWDWFan
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by spoony View Post
Andy did a lot of post-hire chasing for me in respect of charges made by Dollar falsely in respect of the fuel level on return of the car.
He tried beyond my expectations and for that I am grateful. It's still an ongoing dispute via my credit card but initially Andy found out about the charges, disputed them and got a partial refund (what a star).
To echo what everyone else has said Andy's prices and service are great.

I'm having an issue with Dollar not wanting to refund a deposit that they took as cash and then seemingly couldn't locate. Andy was incredible and responded within 30 minutes of the initial (incredibly stressed) e-mail I sent him from the airport and has been great ever since.

Despite the issue being ongoing I'd be absolutely happy to use Andy again (and am thinking of doing so for my next trip assuming he's not sick of me by now).

It seems the moral of the story is to beware of Dollar whatever you do!
UKWDWFan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread