Notices

Old 12 Nov 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PIGLET38 View Post
I remember going when the castle looked like that - I too have photos in my archives somewhere! I also remember staying at the Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate I agree nothing Hawaiian about it! I feel I may be of a similar age having just had my last ‘40’s birthday. I also had my 13th trip there in August... Sounds like you have a great trip to look forward to. Mmmmm wonder if it will be your last
Yes, about the same age. My last birthday in my 40's is fast approaching
2012 - SSR 2014 - SSR & HRH 2015 - OKW & HRH 2018 - OKW & RPR Club level
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Night-train View Post
Hi Cath!

well hello there Mr Night-train...
Long time no see in these parts
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Update

So, things have progressed since my first post.

We decided to book flights with BA, from Glasgow via Gatwick. Got a great price for PE, but the dates were slightly different in that we now had an extra 3 days So, we're now going to 10 days, not a week as originally planned.
The Virgin flights were way more than I had intended paying anyway, so think I made the right choice.

Weeks went by after booking the flights, and I kept thinking I really must phone Disney and change our hotel dates... and when I did, as you can imagine near the end of the free dining offer, the Beach Club wasn't available for our extra 3 days. PANIC! I must say at this point how patient and helpful the cast members are that work in the call centre... they really do take their time and try and help you. The only options open to us in Deluxe hotels were Grand Floridian, Beach Club Club Level, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. I even asked about OKW and SSR, but there was no availability. So, after much discussion, and another 2 calls, just to make sure they were not making a mistake, we decided on the Grand Floridian. I am excited about staying at a monorail resort, but we really wanted the Beach Club because its so close to Epcot, and Food and Wine will be on... but hey ho, I'm sure the GF will be just fab!
We still have Deluxe Dining... so we can eat at the GF Cafe every morning for breakfast (one of my favs) We also love Narcossee's.

Just counting down now to ADR day
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

UPDATE

So, yesterday was our ADR day and I am happy to report that we got everything we wanted! It was stressful - I had been tweaking the spreadsheet the week before, and had listed them in order of booking priority. Being deluxe DDP I had a LOT of ADRs to work out and it took me about an hour in total I think.
We've booked 7 signatures - Cali Grill Brunch, Tiffins, Le Cellier, Narcoosee's, Topolinos Terrace, Brown Derby and Be Our Guest Dinner. Others of note include Chef Mickey's (of course), Homecomin', Cape May Cafe, GF Cafe, and Tusker House (because you just can't have enough character breakfasts can you ) I actually feel full-up just thinking about it.

My son wants to book Savis Lightsaber thing, and think he will need to phone for that on Friday maybe.
Other than that, not much else has been happening.
We had an impromptu trip to New York between Christmas and New Year, and flew with BA in PE, and I have to say I was NOT overly impressed. Going out on a 777 wasn't too bad, but on the 747 coming back the seats were so uncomfortable. According to our booking, we are due to be on 777 both ways, so hopefully it will be ok as I'm not sure I could stretch to the Club World upgrade
Old 3 Mar 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just seen this - great photos! Looks like you have had some great experiences over the years
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mrs Disney View Post
It was awful lol... I often wonder what actually possessed them to do it!
Would be done with projections these days!

It was our first trip in 97 and we liked it, didn't know any difference.

I actually have a piece of that vinyl covering from the castle, pink with a sprinkle on it, also a banner (shown below) from a lampost on Main Street USA!

MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List