Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile Virgin Premium Flight Code question

I’m hoping a flight code guru may be able to help me. I’ve priced up a Virgin PE flight. I don’t really want to pay PE prices but economy is in a very high flight code. PE both ways is in code K for my dates which I believe is the lowest paying with money code. So the question. If it’s at that code today for my dates will that change or is that the code forever for those dates. If it is I’ll just book it as economy is not enough less to make the experience worth it. Hope that question makes sense!
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

It might change if someone else books some of those K fare codes. Depending on how many are left for sale the website may or may not push you into the next one up.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It might change if someone else books some of those K fare codes. Depending on how many are left for sale the website may or may not push you into the next one up.
So for those dates it won’t come down in price for PE then? That seems logical as they are already the lowest code. I think Economy seats might as they are a high fare code for my dates currently.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

The simple answer is there is no way of knowing what will happen to the price. The PE fare code of K cannot, as the OP says, go lower as this is the cheapest (& therefore most restricted) fare in PE.

The fare linked to the fare code can change, e.g. if BA decide to have sale in any cabin(s), then Virgin will invariably price-match for the exact same dates as the BA sale.

As I am sure many people on here are aware, airfares are a funny devil. A fully flexible, fully cancellable & refundable ticket in Economy (Y fare) can cost more than the cheapest restricted Upper Class fare (Z fare).

I always say "when you see a fare you are happy with, book it & then don't keep on checking what the same ticket would have cost you further down the line".

As a general rule of thumb (sales / competitor sales excepted), the tickets are initially quite expensive at the 330-day mark when they are released. The airlines know there are some people who absolutely have to travel on set dates - e.g. school holidays - so they take advantage of this for a week or two & let these passengers book at a higher price. Then they start to release the cheaper fares into the system. As these sell passengers gradually get bumped to the next fare code up when booking - and the price slowly increases.

It's also worth noting that all passengers in a single booking generally have to be on the same fare codes. So if you're after 6 seats, but there are only 5 left at the current cheapest fare code, the system will book all 6 of you into the next code up.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
AllyD
Trying for More Ears

Sorry to be thick, but how do you know what fare code a flight is when you're searching for prices online?
AllyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AllyD View Post
Sorry to be thick, but how do you know what fare code a flight is when you're searching for prices online?
Go into the extra detail page for the flight you’re looking at and the code will be there.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
AllyD
Trying for More Ears

Thank you

so what does OKUR4SMN &≈OKUR4AMN mean? Are these good?
AllyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AllyD View Post
Thank you

so what does OKUR4SMN &≈OKUR4AMN mean? Are these good?
You’re looking for a single letter. I’ll try and post a photo example hang on...
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Look next to economy classic. The code is Q.
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
AllyD
Trying for More Ears

Many thanks Scoobydooby

I've been doing the searches on my laptop, so using the main virgin atlantic website and in the extra details it says the 'Fare code = OKUR4SMN'. However, I notice that you are using the app on your phone. So I've used my phone, which does show the fare code as Y, or V for economy delight which I presume is not very good. These are sale prices for June 2020 LGW-JFK. It's not a return flight.