Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked with them last year, this year and today will be booking next year, had no issues, yes flight times have changed but out seats have never altered. Always had helpfull crews onboard.
We love them and hope they will stay afloat.
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
The bondholders for two of Norwegian’s unsecured bonds (totalling $380m), which were due for repayment, recently agreed to defer them by at least 2 years, in exchange for a premium (and secured by Norwegian’s LGW slots, which are worth far more than $380m).

Nothing is certain, but this should give the airline the breathing space to continue. The operational cuts make sense, some of those routes aren’t that great, and others are affected by the 737 Max grounding. None of the cancelled European routes were from the UK.
I booked with them last week after hearing that news. Probably wouldn't have done otherwise.
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies. I did have a slight frying pan into the fire worry but for now I'm not especially worried.
Just a quick update on my main question, I spoke to travel planners and they confirmed the flights deal they have with Norwegian does include 2 bags and free seat selection, hope that helps anyone else wondering.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

dont forget Norwegian will be getting a pay out from Boeing over losses for the grounding of the Max planes
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have just flown LGW - BOSTON AND Miami-LGW with them. It was exactly as ‘THE DUCHESS’ experienced.

We were a little twitchy as our flight approached and news reports were sensationalising their financial woes.

The bond holders decision to delay for 2 years would give me considerable confidence to book again for 2020.. were it not for the fact that I have already booked with BA.

I wish them well and sympathise with their misfortune at having ordered Rolls Royce engines (B787 ) and a rightly grounded airframe (B737 Max). They could not possibly have had an inkling of the problems that these orders might produce. I have no doubt that compensation will be forthcoming... in time.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Mobile

So you have changed from one airline that's on the brink of failure to another airline on the brink of failure. Be aware that many travel insurance policies will not now cover Norwegian as they are publically in trouble. Yes they made it past this month, just, but early 2020 will bring more trouble if they don't bring in more money over the slow winter. Even if they get a pay out from Boeing, but that could be years off once lawyers get involved.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
So you have changed from one airline that's on the brink of failure to another airline on the brink of failure. Be aware that many travel insurance policies will not now cover Norwegian as they are publically in trouble. Yes they made it past this month, just, but early 2020 will bring more trouble if they don't bring in more money over the slow winter. Even if they get a pay out from Boeing, but that could be years off once lawyers get involved.
I respect your opinion & you certainly may have a point, but I'm pretty sure there's a nicer way of responding without belittling. Doesn't hurt to be kind.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List