Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Nov 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

We went on the 1st and also found it manageable
Didn’t do any of the character meets though
Loved the new fireworks & got a great space for the second parade
Everyone was sitting down so it was lovely
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

A question from someone considering it for our October 2020 trip...

When you buy the tickets, did you have to give specific names/do you need to collect them with ID? The reason I am asking is that there will be 11 of us on the trip but not everyone will want to attend. I am going to buy tickets for my 3 nieces (12-18) but also will buy for some adults to go with them. Which adults, I am not sure yet, hence my question.

thanks!
Old 22 Dec 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post

When you buy the tickets, did you have to give specific names/do you need to collect them with ID? The reason I am asking is that there will be 11 of us on the trip but not everyone will want to attend. I am going to buy tickets for my 3 nieces (12-18) but also will buy for some adults to go with them. Which adults, I am not sure yet, hence my question.
thanks!
Yes - name attached to ticket!

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

thanks!

Yes, the names go on the tickets. Ours were linked to MDE/magic bands. We scanned in at the gate with our bands then gave our printed paper ticket (one barcode, all names) to get our party wristbands. We weren't asked for ID or any other info.

I think your issue might be booking it in one name and if a different person wants to attend, if it's linked to a magic band you wouldn't be able to use the other persons band with the fingerprint scanner.

I'm not sure how it works if you dont link them to MDE/magic bands. They might ask for ID in that case. You could just hold off booking the tickets until you're sure who wants to attend. We went Oct 29th and it didn't sell out until very close to that date or possibly even on the day.

MNSSHP was a great event, we really enjoyed it. We got to use 3 FP+ before the party officially started, did lots of rides, no character meets (dd's are past that now), parade, hocus pocus show & fireworks. And also came away with about 5kg of candy
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Thanks all for the replies.

One final question - we are doing split stay 5 nights onsite, then at a villa. I was trying to work out whether it would be better to do it while we are onsite (presumably the buses still run back to the resort hotels?), and would welcome any experiences of the logistics of either attending when onsite or offsite.
Old 29 Dec 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks!
I have purchased MNSSHP and After Hours tickets directly from Disney and in that case I have had to name who it is for at the time of purchase. I am currently holding a couple of After Hours tickets and there is an option to reassign to other members of the party. I don't recall if the MNSSHP were the same.

Somebody (another dibber) gifted me a ticket to MNSSHP this year, they had purchased through a third party and obviously had not needed to give a name at the time of purchase. I simply attached the ticket to my account. Maybe you could do this and then link the ticket to a person when you know who is going.

Thanks all for the replies.

One final question - we are doing split stay 5 nights onsite, then at a villa. I was trying to work out whether it would be better to do it while we are onsite (presumably the buses still run back to the resort hotels?), and would welcome any experiences of the logistics of either attending when onsite or offsite.
I always stay onsite without a car, no problem getting Disney transport back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List