Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Jul 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

It's A Long Way To Itinerary Day 14 last day

Day 14

Well it’s the last day that means one thing shopping.

I’m not too bothered for the shopping malarkey.

I can never find anything I really like and usually finish up panic buying something I don’t really want.

Al always gets golfing stuff and then goes into guilt mode because I haven’t gotten anything.

We then spend about two hours of him trying to get me to buy something.

I settled on yet another bag and some shoes that I haven’t used or worn since.

Breakfast was at the Southern Outlets I hop. It was very busy, and I never knew that they had different prices, but this IHOP was pricier than any other that I have been to.

I think it's because it's closer to the airport.

The place was busy because it was a Saturday morning eventually we got a table from a greeter that had obviously had her jovial gland removed.

Considering the amount of staff on show service was very slow too.

The food is always good at IHOP and I do really rate it.

However, I found the food to taste of apathy.

The table already had 4 glasses of water on it and when we gave our order we asked the “Miss I Q of a salad bar” to remove them.

The hot tea arrived and no she didn’t move the water.

The pancakes arrived and no she didn’t move the water.

The table was full.

Then when she finally brought the tepid food 45 minutes later there wasn’t enough room for it.

There she was standing with four plates and had to call someone over to remove the water.

Of course, nobody came to help so we had to hold our lukewarm plates whilst she finally moved the water.

I might add she made a right rrses of that as well. If she had gone any slower, she would have been in reverse.

Refills weren’t offered perhaps that was our punishment for not drinking the soddin water.

Did we leave a tip?

No but did write our remarks on the bill.

We settled down for a couple of hours around the lazy river.
It was Friday and the BBC arrived (The Bakersfield Beatnik Convention}.

There was a huge group of them standing, drinking from bottles in the river.

The bottles were on ice in a bucket at the side.

During the two hours, we were there not one of them got out of the water. They must have had about 5 bottles each. Now you can’t tell me that every single one of them had a bladder the size of Jupiter.
It was obvious where that beer was going, and it put me bang off.

I did report it because the Tahiti had been spot on and it was a shame that one thing put me off using it again.

For dinner (I call it tea) we had to have the Panda express. Larry and Lily have never had a Panda.

I had also told our Lily how great it was I hoped I wouldn’t be let down especially since the I hop experience.

It didn’t we all chose what we wanted and took it back to the apartment. Trouble was it was packed in carrier bags and we didn’t know who had what.

The girl had written on the cartons what it was, but she had written it in Chinese. I did wonder if it was selfie stick girl paying me back.

We decided to just load it all on to the table and help ourselves. I’m not sure what it was I had but it tasted fine and not one of us moaned.

I have now finished this report as I never write about the going home day it’s depressing.

I’ll say tara for now thanks for reading and “May the Force Be with You”.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Another brilliant, funny, and informative trip report. I love your style of writing and sense of humour. Looking forward to your next one.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
IAdoreWDW
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I’ve read all your reports over the past two days and I’m sad they are finished!

Do you have any upcoming plans?

Your writing style is hilarious and real. I love it. I don’t even care that there is a lack of photos, it’s fair cheered me up finding your trippies.

Thank you for the laughter ❤️
IAdoreWDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Smoosplace
Getting Excited

Mobile

Are you a scouser by any chance, some of your phrases suggest you are? Loved reading my first rummy63 trip report so off to read more.
Smoosplace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

Just read your trip report in one sitting. Thanks for taking the time to write it I really enjoyed it. It was great reading about the different places you visited and I love your writing style, hilarious 😁.
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Brilliant trip report as usual with plenty of laugh out loud moments
Hope you’re off on your travels again soon - I love reading about them.
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Brilliant report, thank you so much for writing.

Looking forward to your next adventures!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Thanks for the trip report and the fantastic humour. I will be discussing your route with the OH with a view to following it sometime in the future.
Old 20 Mar 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

With hindsight we could have knocked a day off Page and had an overnight near Bryce and done that.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for a hilarious and informative report. You had some fantastic adventures and your landscape pics were incredible.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List