Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
When do you get the Birthday treats, it is DD's Birthday on the 29th and she's not got anything?
26th and I got the email today
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When do you get the Birthday treats, it is DD's Birthday on the 29th and she's not got anything?
My birthday is the 28th. I didn’t get an email but the treats were there when I checked the app
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
This is our joint view on M & S-

My Wife - Love the food but the only clothes I will buy are bras and knickers. The rest is stuck in a time warp

Me - Love the food. The only clothes I buy there are socks, boxers and cords for knocking around the house. I may buy Blue Harbour polo's if they are in the sale for about £5.
When working I used to buy their triple packs of short sleeved white shirts.

Their food is keeping them afloat but their clothes have never featured in our buys.
Totally agree with this. Underwear is the only thing worth buying these days, however, I always buy DS's white school shirts from there as they are great quality and last all year without looking like rags by the end of it.
Food wise, I love the lasagne, the huge steaks they do for £10 each (great on the bbq!), the pots of mango salad, melt in the middle chocolate puds and the seafood platters. I seem to spend a fortune in there but its on a range of about 6-10 food items!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
26th and I got the email today
Hey my birthday is the 26th and I got the email today as well
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Did anyone else get the sale preview link, everything I have clicked on has sold out and there isn't much to choose from either. I wonder if they will add more lines for the proper sale? I need some underwear, I haven't bothered looking at the main clothes pages as there was nothing I fancied before the sale.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Did anyone else get the sale preview link, everything I have clicked on has sold out and there isn't much to choose from either. I wonder if they will add more lines for the proper sale? I need some underwear, I haven't bothered looking at the main clothes pages as there was nothing I fancied before the sale.
I have found just the same, everything is sold out!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Advance notification of sale events is probably our only useful benefit from Sparks.
The offers are fairly meaningless. Dried carrots 20p off isn't worth a click.
The other problem is when Sparks sale prices for clothes are online only. We try them for size in store then come home to order.
That can't be good for the stores.
M&S needs a big shaking or it'll be gone.
Totally agree with this - I don't know what the design team are doing with their idea on clothes at the moment but they've totally lost their way.
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I got a pair of bathers for £5. My Wife got an handbag that was £69 for £34.50

However we were up really early today namely 5.30am as we couldn't sleep.

By 7.00am only scraps were left.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Snap - spent nothing which is unusual for me as normally pick up underwear at least but I think now so many people get the preview it is no longer a perk.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I bought 2 dresses for £49.50 but like Mr Tom that was at 6:30 when I was at my desk at work.