Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Great trip report, well done.

Interesting comment about the Tampa route. You aren't the first by a long way to say how much better it is.

Ahh Walmart! I loathe the place. The staff are experts on service with a snarl! Publix is so much better I agree. Also if there a few times the BOGOF's can be superb.

Loads of us going next May I see.
It was our first time flying into Tampa, but I can not recommend it enough. I timed how long it took to get through immigration (why not?!) and it was exactly half an hour, we couldn’t believe it after hours in MCO’s hall.

May’s definitely a popular time 😊
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
Completely agree also with Walmart. 1 item per bag is shocking. I cringe when it comes to the till experience. As a huge multi national walwart should be more responsible in plastic bag usage.
I have a friend who lives in Seattle and talking to her about it she hates it as much as we do, the state of Washington rejected the law to get rid of them and people she knows are just baffled!
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
I said that I didn't need any bags - had about 5 smallish items and there were 4 of us with 8 hands in total walking straight out to the car 😀 - the lady on the till looked at me in amazement as if no-one did that normally. What do Americans do with all those bags? Straight to the bin?
When we were in Publix one time they didn’t have the little bag packer at the end of the till so I packed our own bag and I shoved 10 things into 1 bag, which baffled the lady on the till haha
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Thankyou for the report, looks like next year we may have to check out the nearest Publix to SSR, Mr Morrow can you enlighten me please.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Thankyou for the report, looks like next year we may have to check out the nearest Publix to SSR, Mr Morrow can you enlighten me please.
Hi. It will be the one on Vineland. Head past the outlets and follow the road as it curves right. Publix is on your left.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Brilliant Mr Morrow thankyou for the info, as they say ask and you will receive. So taxi to Publix next year, thankyou again.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

They brought in the charge for plastic bags in the UK because so many were blowing round the houses and country, I've never seen that in the USA so to me it would seem that the bags are disposed of sensibly.
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
They brought in the charge for plastic bags in the UK because so many were blowing round the houses and country, I've never seen that in the USA so to me it would seem that the bags are disposed of sensibly.
I know that some places like Target and Publix have carrier bag recycling like at our supermarkets so maybe everyone does that?
I think also a lot of bags were ending up in the oceans so that’s probably another reason why the U.K. bought the charge in.