Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a friend that does this...I only found out when out with her one day and she had a pair of leggings on which you could see the label through the back. Thought I was being helpful saying “oh you’ve still got the tags on” but her response was “I know, I haven’t decided if I’m keeping them or not yet.” She was completely shocked when I said I had never ever done this!

I proceeded to tell everyone in my work about her as I was totally shocked people would do that, especially with something like leggings, ewww!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I didn't think you were. X
I wasn’t sure so I thought I had better make it clear 😂
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Simply stealing and destroying the high streets in every town.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

I went to school with a girl who did this all the time. Would get clothes through the catalogue that her mum ran , wear them for party etc then send them back. Always had 'new' clothes and never paid a penny for them, and was calling us for wearing the same old things to parties! Obviously her mum was encouraging her to do it as well.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Looks like stores are starting to fight back

dailymail/news/art...returners.html
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
Looks like stores are starting to fight back

dailymail/news/art...returners.html
I've just read that and immediately thought of this thread ...

The fight back begins.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve had an order from boohoo come this week and they have put ribbons around the dresses ie. through the neck hole so you cannot get away with wearing and then returning. Impressed!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It's not just clothes. Not that I like them for gear but B & Q get horrendous problems with people buying multi packs of things. Managing to get the 1 item out they need and then take the article back for a refund.

The World is full of entitled people. Rules apply to everybody else apart from them. Trash.
Crazy that they know it’s theft if they just cut the back open in the shop and walked out with it, so they don’t. Yet they think that by tricking the cashier or working the system that they’re getting it free legally.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
This is not just clothing, i brought a printer from Argos on Sat then realised it wasn't wireless so i took it back unopened today. Before i could have a refund they explained even though it was still sealed they have to open it to check it as it has been known for people to take the inks,or cables and still get a refund and in one case an expensive and heavy Hi Fi had been replaced with bricks ! unbelievable.
One of my colleagues in Sainsbury’s foiled someone doing this with Xbox games. He had got his hands on the seals so was taking the discs out and sealing the case back up! This is quite a big operation and is stealing, yet people seem to think it is ok!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

No idea how people could have the cheek. I bought 2 dresses for a wedding as couldn't decide right up 2 last minute I wore 1 dress for a wedding was only when I got home that I realised I had left tags on it the next day I took dress 2 back for refund dress 1 is still in the wardrobe with tags on looking like it's never been worn.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List