Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Norwegian Air - have Travel Planners misled me?

I called up Travel Planners earlier to change my Thomas Cook flights next year to another operator. They quoted me £275 for the 4 of us to change to Norwegian Air and he enthusiastically told me it's a better option as we get free seat selection, 2 bags each & fly on the dreamliner.
I called back to book and the price had gone up to £369... not super pleased at the increase but for peace of mind and given the extra benefits he'd advised we went ahead and booked it.

However... I just looked on the Norwegian Air website and unless I'm misunderstanding, you only get pre-seat selection & 2 bags with premium? I'm sure he didn't book us premium as I asked for a quote to upgrade and it was too high.
Have I been lied to or is there something I've misunderstood? And if we don't get the seat selection/extra bags is there anything I can do? I know the call was recorded.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Don't do it!
Norwegians second lowest tier of tickets does involve seat selection and 1 bag each, and while the prices are good they are a nightmare to deal with! I am flying tomorrow, we have been planning this trip for 18 months, booked 11 months ago the day they became available and it's been trouble ever since. Horrific customer services, constant changes with no notification, they may have been great a year ago but they've gone down since.
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew with Norwegian in March and had great service on both flights.

I booked our flights via lastminute.com for £316 each and they included x2 checked luggage each however didn't include free seat selection.. I spoke to someone via the Norwegian online chat who booked us extra leg room seats free of charge and threw in the £25 meal for free.

Our tickets were the absolute basic tickets you could buy but it was just my luck when I found the tickets they included x2 checked luggage each.

It would seem that you've got the same tickets but with the addition of the seat selection which.. it doesn't seem you've paid for PE without them specifically saying so.

You would have been given a Norwegian booking number I assume.. which you can download the Norwegian app or use their website to then pick your seats.

Do note that OLCI is not available with Norwegian and check-in is only available at the airport.

Oh and one last thing... Nothing is free with Norwegian.. you don't get free drinks or meals or anything for that matter.

Edited at 10:55 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

This could be out of the frying pan into the fire. I'd look for a more financially stable alternative.
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Norweigen are not the most financially stable airline around, yesterday they cut winter flights to European destinations which in previous years Tory has continued to operate.
They have been hit hard by the Dreamliner Trent engine issue and the 737 max grounding.

We can’t be sure they won’t fold.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This could be out of the frying pan into the fire. I'd look for a more financially stable alternative.
My thoughts exactly.

Disney332
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Can we be sure anyone won’t fold? TC is a british institution and look what’s happening now
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Can we be sure anyone won’t fold? TC is a british institution and look what’s happening now
TC has been a debt laden basket case for a very long time unfortunately. You are correct in a way, but TC and then Norwegian have been highest risk by far.
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Norweigen are not the most financially stable airline around, yesterday they cut winter flights to European destinations which in previous years Tory has continued to operate.
They have been hit hard by the Dreamliner Trent engine issue and the 737 max grounding.

We can’t be sure they won’t fold.
The bondholders for two of Norwegian’s unsecured bonds (totalling $380m), which were due for repayment, recently agreed to defer them by at least 2 years, in exchange for a premium (and secured by Norwegian’s LGW slots, which are worth far more than $380m).

Nothing is certain, but this should give the airline the breathing space to continue. The operational cuts make sense, some of those routes aren’t that great, and others are affected by the 737 Max grounding. None of the cancelled European routes were from the UK.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew Norwegian, as I went through booking the basic seat there was an option to add a bolt on of a meal, seat and suitcase so I'm guessing they've just added this to your booking? There were no additional snacks but we bought them at the airport, loved the dream liner and the staff were great, I was very happy with Norwegian

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List