Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by maxi0479 View Post
Hi, I am on O2 pay monthly and have the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone bolt on. It is free and covers USA and there is no charge for using data etc. I used it recently in New York and it was fab. This is the blurb from O2 (not sure if you DH falls into these categories). I added it through my O2 app.

'Going outside of Europe? Good news. With our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On, available on selected O2 Refresh and sim only tariffs, you can get inclusive data roaming in 27 international destinations. And if you’re going beyond our Inclusive Zone you can still subscribe to our full O2 Travel Bolt On for £4.99 a day in selected destinations.

You’ll get a daily allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, and data, when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage'
Both my daughter and I have this and it is terrific, worked perfectly in America and also Australia.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

To those of you who purchase a PAYG sim... do you all just have a different number for the duration of your holiday then? Sorry if this sounds really stupid but I’m just trying to work it all out in my head!
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, i keep my 3sim in a spare phone, and leave my own phone at the villa on the wifi.
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Yes, i keep my 3sim in a spare phone, and leave my own phone at the villa on the wifi.
Okay thank you. We used to have contract phones with 3 so it’s never been an issue but we are all now with BT mobile so just trying to get my head around it! I’m not very tech savvy either really lol 😂
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
To those of you who purchase a PAYG sim... do you all just have a different number for the duration of your holiday then? Sorry if this sounds really stupid but I’m just trying to work it all out in my head!
Yes, just give my family/friends the new number and ask them to use that number. If someone does call my normal number (I have dual SIM phone) then I can ignore it and call them back on the new number so it doesn't cost a fortune
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Used Three in LA last year and 4G was rare. Going to Florida in 8 weeks so hoping it will be better there.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Had O2 last November and it was useless in the parks. Nothing would load.
I’m due to renew contract but now O2 no longer do a roaming package in the USA free with a large data package you must have a monthly bolt on and pay an additional daily fee.
I’m confused who to get my new contract with now.
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

I'm here now and signed up for an T-Mobile eSim - this is basically a second, digital SIM for my iPhone. I have a newer iPhone so it can do dual SIM, I have my own physical SIM still in there, and then the eSIM added as a secondary one, and have set to use that one for all mobile data. T-Mobile have an app on the iPhone to make this super easy to sign up for.

It's giving me brilliant 4G coverage all over Orlando, I paid $60 USD for unlimited data and 10GB when other devices connect to mine as a HotSpot. You can also do $40 USD for 10GB data for yourself, or $50 USD for unlimited data (but only 3G for hotspot data). I thought this was a pretty good deal, and T-Mobile seems to have great coverage here in Orlando, it's so nice to be able to use data on my phone without worrying about any limits!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
the_em0hawk
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
I'm here now and signed up for an T-Mobile eSim - this is basically a second, digital SIM for my iPhone. I have a newer iPhone so it can do dual SIM, I have my own physical SIM still in there, and then the eSIM added as a secondary one, and have set to use that one for all mobile data. T-Mobile have an app on the iPhone to make this super easy to sign up
I was going to ask if anyone had used an eSIM as I'd read on a travel site about using T-Mobile in the US. My Pixel can use an e-SIM. I've only read about using it for data, can you also make local calls on the T-Mobile e-SIM?
I have a 3 monthly business contract with unlimited data (limited while roaming though), so I'm not so concerned about data. It seems like 3 is the preferred option around here.
Although I'm now wondering whether I'd actually make any calls locally... Things like restaurants bookings I'd tend to do online.
the_em0hawk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Had O2 last November and it was useless in the parks. Nothing would load.
I’m due to renew contract but now O2 no longer do a roaming package in the USA free with a large data package you must have a monthly bolt on and pay an additional daily fee.
I’m confused who to get my new contract with now.
You can now get a new o2 package (I upgraded last night on Chat)
12 month Contract 40gb data
Unlimited Call and text
International calls, text and data including USA
£20pm
As we are going to Italy in May, Orlando in Nov and the following May it suits me fine

Edited at 02:33 PM.
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List