Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lad peeing in broad daylight!

Am I overreacting? I saw a young lad about 9 pull down his pants and pee just off a busy high st. His mum had her back turned and was doing something in th car. I said to her “erm he shouldn’t be doing that there”, she said well he couldn’t hold it. I said “it disgusting, absolutely unbelievable”. He also had everything exposed with people walking past. I’m shocked, I know kids get caught short when they are younger but I’d of taken him down a alley or gone into a cafe, restaurant and bought something so they could use the toilet. What do others think, did I overreact. I’m now thinking if he couldn’t hold it maybe there was something wrong with him! 🤷
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
9 is junior school, that is too old. He would get into a lot of trouble if he 'exposed' himself like that in school, so the mum should not be allowing it.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

9 is too old to be exposing himself. His mum should have taken him to a cafe or public toilet. Glad you made your feelings known. She might think twice before letting him do it again.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I know with a toddler you have to move really quick but 9 seems a bit too much to me.

As others have said, cafe or library etc. Somewhere would oblige.

As an aside a few Months ago we were collecting our Grandson from Notts. He is 3yrs old so we stopped at Strensham for the loo. I thought he would be ok all the way here - wrong!

A little voice from the back seat is shouting 'I can't hold it'. I pulled into a lay by and my Wife did the necessary.

Everything was fine, accept he peed on my Wife's sandals.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree 9 is too old and you done the right thing. The mum should have taken him into a cafe etc.

We get it all the time up here... Unfortunately its grown men just standing peeing at the side of the road. The other week I was driving and seen a grown man doing a poo at the side of the road.

Disgusting
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

For a healthy 9 year old child it’s not really acceptable, they should be able to hold it long enough to get out of visible sight.
However when my daughter (type 1 diabetic since 6 years old) was younger (up to about 12 years old) and her bloods were really high she would loose control if she didn’t get to a toilet quick enough. Apparently it’s an uncontrollable and urgent need to pee. Even now at 16 if her bloods suddenly go really high and she can’t get to a toilet she will trickle. It’s mortifying for her and as she is a girl she can’t just ‘go’ anywhere.

In the past I have told off for running in a disabled toilet with her for urgency it that’s a while other post 😳

Edited at 11:30 AM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Many years ago, when my children were at primary school, I was collecting them one day. You had to walk around a side path and into the playground at the back. Walking in front of me was a grandmother and little brother of a boy in my middle daughter's class. The boy announced he needed to go. The grandmother said “Go on then”. The boy proceeded to pee all across the path back and forth in an arc pattern! Lovely!
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

If he is a healthy 9 year old he probably should have waited but not all children can wait.

I try not to judge as parents are usually trying to do the right thing. I'm assuming he was tucked away and not stood in the middle of the road.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Some people don’t bring their kids up, the drag them up!
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I agree 9 is too old and you done the right thing. The mum should have taken him into a cafe etc.

We get it all the time up here... Unfortunately its grown men just standing peeing at the side of the road. The other week I was driving and seen a grown man doing a poo at the side of the road.

Disgusting
I saw men peeing at the side of the road last week and thought that was bad enough but doing a poo... that is just YUK...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List