Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Sep 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile London Euston to Gatwick Airport

We always fly from Manchester but I’m getting a good price with BA (have avoided them for over a decade after a terrible experience), from Gatwick. This would involve a long drive or the train. What’s the best way from Euston to Gatwick Airport? I saw something on Trip Advisor about walking from Euston to St. Pancras (I know how to do that have done it for DLP trips) and then picking up a fast train there. It was years old though. All expert advice appreciated 👍
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Yes either that or Victoria line from Euston to Victoria and take Gatwick Express ( or a southern rail stopping train — personally I found Southern a bit unreliable but regular commuters may say they have improved)

I think it’s about an hour if you get one of the trains from St P. It’s also possibly less faff wheeling your cases along the streets there than the underground.

Edited at 08:28 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We live about 20 min from man airport but we flew from lgw this May and have booked to same again for next year.
We have two kids so drove down. It was a bit busy down but a very easy drive back.

As for the train, yes I would walk to st pancras and pick up the train from there.
Gatwick express is great but getting to Victoria from Euston is not.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'd suggest getting on a bus or Uber from Euston to St. Pan depending on how many cases you have and then getting the Thameslink from there
Orlando_Kings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I’d walk from Euston to St Pancras for sure. It’ll be less of hassle than interchanging with the tube and then the trains at Victoria. The walking is probably the same distance in total!

Plus the Thameslink trains are so much better than the Southern ones
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When we fly from LHR we travel to London by train, and book a car (BlackBerry cars) to take us to Heathrow hotel (always travel to London the day before the flight). £30 if there's 2 of us, bigger cars obviously cost more. They've always provided a great service.
I cannot be bothered with pulling suitcases along a busy London street, onto/ off tubes etc. Instead, meet driver (they'll come into Euston to meet you if you wish, extra fee of course), load cases in boot, sit back and relax!
My personal opinion of course and other car companies are regularly recommended on here!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I couldn’t cope with taking the tube or walking from Euston to St Pancras with luggage. Getting to the tube lines in both stations can be hard work, they are so busy.

I would get a taxi from Euston to Victoria and straight into the Gatwick Express.

A taxi would take longer depending on traffic so allow more time. Obviously it would cost more too.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Walk , black cab or Uber Euston to St Pancras
Taking the Victoria line with luggage would be utter insanity .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Personally I couldn’t cope with taking the tube or walking from Euston to St Pancras with luggage. Getting to the tube lines in both stations can be hard work, they are so busy.

I would get a taxi from Euston to Victoria and straight into the Gatwick Express.

A taxi would take longer depending on traffic so allow more time. Obviously it would cost more too.
I don't understand why you'd take a longer and more expensive cab from Euston to Victoria rather than just to St Pancras ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don't understand why you'd take a longer and more expensive cab from Euston to Victoria rather than just to St Pancras ?
Probably because it is the quicker train.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List