Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jun 20, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
We conceded defeat and moved our trip to April / May next year. We had high hopes for Florida and Universal but the first leg of our journey was LA which seems a bit behind in terms of recovering tourism.

Means I have 3 x BOGOF tickets bought from American Attractions that I can do nothing with.
Will American Attractions let you carry them over till next year, or give you a refund? Can you claim on your insurance due to Covid? Or stick them up for sale in a Florida Facebook group or even eBay?
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Will American Attractions let you carry them over till next year, or give you a refund? Can you claim on your insurance due to Covid? Or stick them up for sale in a Florida Facebook group or even eBay?
I’ve emailed American Attractions so just awaiting a response. Not sure about insurance.

I’m a member of a HHN Facebook group and they wouldn’t even let me sell them on there! Could try eBay but always thought they were funny about tickets so will take a look. Thanks

EDIT: on eBay now. Turns out theme park / experience tickets are allowed.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

We made the difficult decision to cancel this morning when Disney officially cancelled MNSSHP. I've packaged up our HHN tickets to send back to Attraction Tickets Direct- apparently we can get 80% of the cost back (minus however much it costs to send the tickets via Royal Mail's insured special delivery service) I wish we could carry them over to 2021 but we have no idea if we'll be totally priced out once things get back to normal. I will probably never book a holiday a year in advance again...
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
I don’t feel very confident after Disney have cancelled MNSSHP today...

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
We made the difficult decision to cancel this morning when Disney officially cancelled MNSSHP. I've packaged up our HHN tickets to send back to Attraction Tickets Direct- apparently we can get 80% of the cost back (minus however much it costs to send the tickets via Royal Mail's insured special delivery service) I wish we could carry them over to 2021 but we have no idea if we'll be totally priced out once things get back to normal. I will probably never book a holiday a year in advance again...
Mine were bought through American Attractions which I think are some how linked to ATD as they have the same format of website. Emailed them on Tuesday about a refund and haven’t heard a thing yet. Them keeping 20% is a bit unfair when other companies have been happy to fully refund tickets with relative ease. They should make an exception with these special ticketed events that’s a full refund.

While they contemplate actually replying to my email the tickets are on eBay.

Failing that I will hold out until nearer the time as surely they have to refund 100% of its cancelled (which I’m pretty sure it won’t be).
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Universal have sent emails out looking for Haunted House attendants to audition/interview so I think they are trying to go ahead. Whether any of us UK visitors will be there mind your is another matter
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just heard news that they’ve cancelled HHN this year 😢😢

https://thedibb.com/2020/07/universa...rnia-for-2020/

Edited at 04:35 PM.
clucky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by clucky View Post
Just heard news that they’ve cancelled HHN this year 😢😢
Yes they’ve just released an announcement. For the best. I think they were really trying to organise something but with it being the anniversary etc it’s for the best they leave it this year.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

I’m sad for the locals, but with me having my holiday cancelled by Tui (which was only for HHN 30) I’m glad I will not miss 30 next year.
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
RandomBunny
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Sad but a bit of a relief. Roll on next year.
RandomBunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List