Notices

Old 17 Feb 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Looks like a great plan, and good news on the ADR's being secured. I'm going into hiding if my recommendations let you down

If you find yourself with a spare evening at AKL give Jiko a thought, I'm regretting not going from the BWV

We were through Immigration in an hour around that time this trip just to give you a clue.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Looks like a great plan, and good news on the ADR's being secured. I'm going into hiding if my recommendations let you down

If you find yourself with a spare evening at AKL give Jiko a thought, I'm regretting not going from the BWV

We were through Immigration in an hour around that time this trip just to give you a clue.
😂 I promise not to hunt you down if it all goes pear shaped!
I must admit I did have Jiko on my list at one point and I think we do have a spare credit - possibly might just pay OOP for our Boma breakfast on our last day and sneak in a Jiko dinner one evening..
Thanks for reading and commenting! 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

All over til FP day!
Today was the last day for sorting ADRs and happily the luck continued
After securing the first 10 days, I booked a further Boma dinner (cos once is not enough ), Tusker House lunch (not been since I went with my parents and was still living at home!), final evening meal at Narcoossee's and our tradition of Boma breakfast on our last day *sniff*...
...oh and went back and added a Jiko dinner for good measure
Plan with this is to pay for our breakfast at Boma OOP as think this works out as our cheapest meal.
Also had a bit of a pre trip fail and forgot to mention our new luggage purchases - DD and I have matching medium and large versions of this beauty;

Must admit I am surprised she went for the aqua and not the pink Got these Tripp cases in the sale at Debenhams so quite happy, plus they are actually my first ever 'proper luggage' purchase which makes me a little too excited about it
Then not to be left out, despite saying how he would 'Just take his big holdall' (yeah right!), I foolishly pointed out this American Tourister vision of loveliness to DH;

Unsurprisingly he had to have this, naturally, but did get 10% off by subscribing to their newsletter - every little helps!
I have also started putting a few bits and pieces together for DD, whether I will use these as part of a reveal or just to take on plane I don't know yet. Although she obviously chose her suitcase, she thinks it will just be used for when we go to Barmouth with Grandad in July
As DD loves Belle at the moment, was really chuffed to pick this up in The Entertainer for a fiver!

I will be getting the Belle dress and shoes to take with us for BBB and most likely the outfit will be from George again, like the Tiana dress from 2016

Am hoping to hold out buying these for a little while in case of a growth spurt..
Think that about wraps it up for this update, thanks for reading and hope everyone's planning coming along!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

That didn't last long.. ☺
Well I couldn't help it, George had 20% off sale on clothing so the Belle outfit now purchased for the princely sum of £12.80! 👍👍
DD has also decided to go as 'new' Mary Poppins for World Book Day, so may even take this along to meet her at Epcot, although not dress her in it until we get there as 100% polyester not a good choice in August at WDW 😄 Again struck lucky here as also on offer for £12 👌

Bought both in age 7-8, DD turns 7 next month and the Mary Poppins fits well so should be fine for August?!
Anyway, purchases or tweaks allowing should next update things around FP time, thanks for reading! 🤗
Old 24 Feb 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
That didn't last long.. ☺
Well I couldn't help it, George had 20% off sale on clothing so the Belle outfit now purchased for the princely sum of £12.80! 👍👍
DD has also decided to go as 'new' Mary Poppins for World Book Day, so may even take this along to meet her at Epcot, although not dress her in it until we get there as 100% polyester not a good choice in August at WDW 😄 Again struck lucky here as also on offer for £12 👌

Bought both in age 7-8, DD turns 7 next month and the Mary Poppins fits well so should be fine for August?!
Anyway, purchases or tweaks allowing should next update things around FP time, thanks for reading! 🤗
Yay 😀 great prices for the costumes,... you couldn’t really say no to those 🥳 the Mary Poppins one looks great!
Old 24 Feb 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Yay 😀 great prices for the costumes,... you couldn’t really say no to those 🥳 the Mary Poppins one looks great!
I know! Was really impressed at the quality too 👌 thanks for reading and commenting
Old 24 Mar 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

A Little Treat for DD
Very quick update to add! Having seen the threads appearing about the Mermaid School and as DD is 7 and both loving mermaids and swimming now, decided to bite the bullet and book this experience. Have chosen AoA as we have stayed at CBR and visited Yacht club previously, so a new one to try! Also love the look of the theming so am excited to visit the Flippin Fins pool
One thing I would say to others booking, beware of some CMs not understanding the rules around age fully. When I rang to book, I was told I had to pay for an adult too as DD was under 12. However, after reading some other threads on here I doubted this was correct so fired off an email via the website. A lovely lady named Ethel confirmed it was incorrect and as long as an adult was present, they should not have charged us (although as experience is open to adults you could theoretically get in the pool and participate! ) Rang WDW the following day and all amended now thankfully - as much as I would have loved fitting into a mermaid tail...
For those considering it or worked out at about £41 on a visa card, but it is very much one of those once in a lifetime things for DD so did not mind as a one off.
Now to continue that long countdown until FP day! Hope everyone's planning is coming along

Edited at 12:45 PM.
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
A Little Treat for DD
Very quick update to add! Having seen the threads appearing about the Mermaid School and as DD is 7 and both loving mermaids and swimming now, decided to bite the bullet and book this experience. Have chosen AoA as we have stayed at CBR and visited Yacht club previously, so a new one to try! Also love the look of the theming so am excited to visit the Flippin Fins pool
One thing I would say to others booking, beware of some CMs not understanding the rules around age fully. When I rang to book, I was told I had to pay for an adult too as DD was under 12. However, after reading some other threads on here I doubted this was correct so fired off an email via the website. A lovely lady named Ethel confirmed it was incorrect and as long as an adult was present, they should not have charged us (although as experience is open to adults you could theoretically get in the pool and participate! ) Rang WDW the following day and all amended now thankfully - as much as I would have loved fitting into a mermaid tail...
For those considering it or worked out at about £41 on a visa card, but it is very much one of those once in a lifetime things for DD so did not mind as a one off.
Now to continue that long countdown until FP day! Hope everyone's planning is coming along
Oh wow! That sounds fab, will be interested to hear how she gets on with that, and thanks for the tip regarding adult being present
Old 10 Apr 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Universal extras!
So thanks to the thread starter about the offer on My Universal Photos- I went for this beauty..!

Am really excited about this as never had a universal photo package before and with this being DD's first time there am hoping to have some great memories saved! Anyone had experience of the Shutterbuttons video?
Anyway, that's it update wise for now - oh and I couldn't resist a little clothing purchase for DD too..

TTFN!
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Sneaky purchase!
So had a parcel arrive for me yesterday and for the life of me could not think what it could be!
Then opened it up to find these little stowaways..

Had totally forgotten I ordered them - love it when that happens!
Am thinking of maybe using them as part of reveal to DD (still doesn't know we are off to Florida this year) or maybe (and I think this is my preferred option) take them with us and then on first day in WDW, leave them on her bed as a 'Disney surprise?
Any ideas welcome!
Hoping she can get some outfits still, does anyone know is it the Disney outlet that stock them over there?
Thanks for your help and reading along

Edited at 09:14 AM.