Notices

Old 12 Jul 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

What a day Helen, I did laugh out loud about the glasses, I So felt your pain. Brilliant turn around in the end though xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh me! What a day you were having. It had to happen though, it's just not realistic for everything to run like clockwork and for everyone to be happy and smiley all day every day. Funny how the kids know when to just shut up and tow the line though, my 2 were the same as teenagers. Despite your problems getting to Winter Park, the boat ride looks great, gorgeous houses.

Nice bit of pixie dust at MK with the extra fast passes, it's really nice that you got to spend your last evening there with Stan and Calum as well.

You can get the bus back to the TTC as well, another well kept secret. Last year when we did it that way there were only 5 of us on the bus when it left, and we were back at the TTC in 5 minutes.

Re trip reports: when I've done my live ones I prefer to use the regular trip report forum rather than the dibb reporter app. I find it much easier to use, and post it as one entry rather than stopping and starting. Like you, I type my notes in my phone then copy and paste. I also make notes for myself as I go along, like "insert fireworks photo here" so that I don't have to read all of the notes to see where to put the pics. I usually put my own reminders in capitals so they stand out. I delete the words and insert appropriate photo in the space created. I've done a couple of tests on the dibb reporter app to try it out, but I just can't get along with it.

I hope your phone has recovered from its ice cream encounter!
Thanks for the report tips - I might try that next time. I do exactly the same as you with the capitals in the notes for which photo though! So might be easy to switch to the normal way. I do hate that you can’t post links in the reporter app.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Thank you Helen and all the gang for a fabulous trip report again got me and Ann in the mood for november have a safe journey home
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Partythemestarz
Earning More Ears

Were your notes not saved on recently deleted file under notes?
I’ve lost a long shopping list before by accidentally doing something to it while not locked and it was there!
Love HEA, always have a tear when I watch it on you tube 😍
Resort monorail works fab doesn’t it 🙌😂
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Partythemestarz View Post
Were your notes not saved on recently deleted file under notes?
I’ve lost a long shopping list before by accidentally doing something to it while not locked and it was there!
Love HEA, always have a tear when I watch it on you tube 😍
Resort monorail works fab doesn’t it 🙌😂
Nope tried there too. In there it keeps a whole note if the whole note was deleted, but there’s no way to recover text deleted within a note that already exists apparently.

Helen xx

trip report list by year
scottishnellie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Your poor glasses 😉
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Don’t apologise 😃 we all learn on the dibb.

When you leave MK you have the choice of 2 monorail Ramps. One takes you to the Transport and Ticket Centre, or parking as it’s also posted. This does take you to the car park, and it’s where the CMs will be directing people to go saying Parking this way.

The other monorail ramp is nearer the lake so if you walk towards the signs saying Resort Launches which are the boats to hotels you will then see the Resort Monorail sign.

Both monorails do a loop so stop at exactly the same stations all the way round at each of the hotels and the TTC so it doesn’t matter which one you get, they both stop the same places.
Sorry Helen that’s not true. The express monorail is a shuttle that goes back and forth between the TTC and the park entrance and does not stop at the hotels. Only The resort monorail stops at all the hotels, and the TTC.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
Sorry Helen that’s not true. The express monorail is a shuttle that goes back and forth between the TTC and the park entrance and does not stop at the hotels. Only The resort monorail stops at all the hotels, and the TTC.
Ah ok I stand corrected - thanks.

Doesn’t change the fact the resort is quicker thankfully but will go back and amend my post

Helen xx

trip report list by year
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

oh dear, not the best day. But holy sh*t some of those houses - I'm not even sure lottery money would buy one of them. Gorgeous. A good last Disney night though.