Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 15 Jul 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Odd message box in middle of PC screen ! Help please !

I am absolutely clueless about techy things and I am at a loss what to do so hoping someone can help please.

All of a sudden yesterday while just looking at Ebay a message box suddenly popped up on the middle of my computer screen that i have been unable to get rid of since

It says " The procedure entry point BCrypyDereivePBKDF2 could not be located in the dynamic link library bcrypt.dll."

I have tried my old failsafe of switching the computer off and then back on multiple times but no luck.

I have tried clicking the close X and the OK button but it will not go away

I am having to do everything with it annoyingly in place.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid ?
Please bear in mind I am a total numpty around computers !

Thank you.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would start by running a full scan of your antivirus program, should be something like windows security centre/windows defender, McAfee or AVG. In your security centre are there any warnings etc?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Also google the error message and have a look at what articles pop up
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

I googled the file name and this is what it says:

3 Jul 2019 - DLL files such as bcrypt.dll are categorized as Win32 DLL (Dynamic link library) files. As a Windows Cryptographic Primitives Library file, it was created for use in Microsoft® Windows® Operating System by Microsoft. The release of bcrypt.dll introduced for Windows was on 11/08/2006 in Windows Vista.
File Extension‎: ‎DLL file extension
File Operating System‎: ‎Windows NT 32-bit
Object File Type‎: ‎Dynamic link library

If you have a windows 10 pc, I suggest you check for the latest downloaded update and see if it changed something - mine has messed with my printer several times in the past year... so annoying.
Good luck
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for your responses.
I am on Windows Vista.
Will google for any info and see what I can find and also run scan and check for updates as suggested.
Fingers crossed !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

I would also consider looking at Tron - it is great for a lot of management of the OS that non-tech people don't care about. It includes virus and malware scanning and performs any other functions such as installing updates, removing junk.

reddit/r/TronScript/

It can take anywhere from an hour up to 6 hours as it does a lot of stuff. Most of it is automated apart from having to manually hit "Scan" on Malwarebytes.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

So a quick look suggests to me that something you have installed already on your computer has updated (or recently been installed?) and it uses this specific windows library.

Unfortunately the library doesn't exist on Windows Vista. I would go to the "Add or Remove Programs" settings window and sort by updated date so you can see what's changed recently (around the time you started seeing the error). You can then try uninstall the application if you don't need it or try contact support from the application provider.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Here's a link to download the missing dll file and instructions for installing it.
fix4dll/bcrypt_dll
Norton says the site is safe but you might want to get your own internet security programme to scan it too.
Hope you get it fixed
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Thanks for all the advice but i am completely bamboozled by it all as i have very unlimited understanding of computers. ... hangs head in shame!
I have tried but getting nowhere.
Will show all this to my
DS when he visits at end of week and hopefully he can fix it.
Thanks for your help