Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 1 Aug 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks guys, I’ll pop into curry’s today & see what they recommend & check out that promo in Argos too.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Thanks guys, I’ll pop into curry’s today & see what they recommend & check out that promo in Argos too.
Just checked for you. The cashback site starting with Q (the one Dibbers use) has cashback on laptops from Currys.

P.S I've used my first stream for my business and its showing no signs of slowing down.

I use it for:
Social media
Email
Typing up and saving files
QuickBooks

Happy shopping 😊
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Just checked for you. The cashback site starting with Q (the one Dibbers use) has cashback on laptops from Currys.

P.S I've used my first stream for my business and its showing no signs of slowing down.

I use it for:
Social media
Email
Typing up and saving files
QuickBooks

Happy shopping 😊
Thanks so much for checking, it really is a bargain & I hope 32gb
Was enough for an 11 year old! I’ll go in & see it before I buy online. x
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tsoski View Post
I would say you would be worth trying to find a laptop without a solid state drive (SSD, it's what the 32GB will be refering too) as although they are faster they have smaller memory space.

Next year when the laptop is showing signs of slowing down you can always upgrade it with a SSD for a small price to give it a new lease of life and makes it seem "brand new".

Is their a particular reason you think a laptop over a tablet is the right idea? Or even a desktop PC, it's likely you will get more for your money at that price point for a tablet/desktop.
not sure why you think a laptop will start to slow down in about a year...?

as long as the OP dosnt have loads of programs/apps all running at once it will be fine, same as the day you but it

SSD's arent by nature/design small just more expensive hence the smaller capacity on low end laptops.. for example my work laptop has a 500GB SSD

4TB SSD are not uncommon on enterprise systems these days
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

The only issue with only 32GB hard drive is that Windows 10 will use at least 20GB and that will only be enough to run Word etc.

I would recommend finding one with at least 64GB. I would also consider looking at Chromebooks as an alternative to Windows 10 for light or basic use.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
The only issue with only 32GB hard drive is that Windows 10 will use at least 20GB and that will only be enough to run Word etc.

I would recommend finding one with at least 64GB. I would also consider looking at Chromebooks as an alternative to Windows 10 for light or basic use.
indeed a few videos/films would sharp fill it up

these laptops/chromebooks are more geared towards storing your data in the 'cloud' but no internet connection , no data...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
not sure why you think a laptop will start to slow down in about a year...?

as long as the OP dosnt have loads of programs/apps all running at once it will be fine, same as the day you but it

SSD's arent by nature/design small just more expensive hence the smaller capacity on low end laptops.. for example my work laptop has a 500GB SSD

4TB SSD are not uncommon on enterprise systems these days
A number of factors can effect the speed of the laptop, a common one is not cleaning the fans vent leading to overheating which the laptop will try to protect itself from by self limiting the processing power it uses and of course over the course of a year your temporary folders will start to clock up as well due to continual updates. As long as you look after your laptop properly you can mitigate these but even if you do the laptop will still appear to slow down over time, mostly due to software updates and new applications will demand more from the machine as the improve.

Yes I did mean to say it is more a size vs cost with SSDs rather than it will be inherently smaller.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd look at Google Chrome books. Will do everything you need and many schools are now adopting these and using Google workplace services.

For the money they will perform much better than a Windows laptop which will be underpowered for that money.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List