Notices

Old 11 Aug 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Update 11/08/19

As I sit here chilling on a Sunday afternoon with a glass of wine, looking out to a garden full of toys that should be inside, procrastinating, I thought I would give you all a little update.

The holibob is getting closer and closer so I thought I would share my excitement with you all, rather than the people at work who don’t really “get it”. I think if I carry on talking about it, my P45 will be waiting for me when I get back.

So I have sniffed out and bought every Disney tee for Alex the UK had to offer and I was quite successful as he now has 3,000 Disney t-shirts that certainly won’t fit him next summer! To be honest boys clothes can be generally boring but Primark tees for £1.30 (non Disney) are great! They had some super cute designs too and you don’t mind if they get dirty and have seen better days after a few washes. Perfect for getting mucky with a Mickey premium bar! Here are a few pics of the tees and where they are from (annoying from my excitement and prep I took out the labels so I cannot tell you how much they are ).

Primark pack of three

Sainsburys

Asda

Primark

Primark

Mothercare

Now hands up if you are like me and you start putting stuff on the spare bed *cough cough* months before you go. Also I can neither confirm or deny that I have got the suitcases out too.

Second to last thing I wanted to share with you is, I have started to collect “all sorts” for the long flight with Alex and I want to come back with a totally smug face and say Alex is great at long distance flying, no sweat, no stress. So I have started buying things for him from the bargain stores.

Here’s a couple of things we have bought:

If you can think of anything else that is useful, any suggestions are most welcome. Even if it’s a bit of an investment (No I'm not talking about me flying 1st class and James and Alex in economy – But if you think it will help please suggest it haha)

We've also been very organised and got our Mousekeeping tips ready. We went to Tesco to get lots of $1 notes, feeling a bit silly when asking. It turns out they do 20 x $1 "tip packs", so no need to feel stupid for asking. We got $3 for each night and put them in these envelopes:

A grand total of $42 but it looked like a lot in $1 bills. James wouldn't let me throw them all up in the air like in the movies. We've seen that Disney will offer a gift card if we choose not to have the room cleaned, but we're on holiday so making beds and tidying up ain't gonna happen!

Last thing as a little disclaimer Dibbers, since becoming a parent we all get tots emots about things Alex does and Disney for that matter. Hopefully I can read my notes through the tears fallen on to the page.

Seriously though did anyone watch L&R Dreaming Cali Vlog where they went to Storybook Cafe and they had the most AMAZING interaction with Mickey:

I balled my eyes out that was honestly so good and Mickey was ace. It has made me extremely excited for our trip.

Thanks for reading.

Love

Bec x

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We've got, Skippers canteen, Morimoto Asia, Monsieur Pauls, Homcoming, MM, Teppen Edo, Narcoossee's, Yak and yeti, Story book, Chef De France, BOG Brekkie and lunch and now I've only gone and booked the Grand Floridian Cafe! (Thank you for that) 😂

We've got 3 credits to many booked, but I figured that we may drop one if we need too and just book a course in the others and pay oop?

It's funny cos seeing them all written down there looks to be loads and we'll be forever eating!

Kat x
Sound like great choices so many choices! When do you go? Xx

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beccab0301 View Post
Sound like great choices so many choices! When do you go? Xx
We fly out from Manchester on the 18th October, with 4 nights at Hard rock then 10 at FQ.

Can’t wait! 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

So many gorgeous t-shirts! Charlie has so many new t-shirts to wear on our trip, I am doubtful we are going to get through them all!

I have started to collect things for the flight too, I recently found a Peppa Pig magnet book on Amazon which is good, Charlie loves playing with the magnets on Nanny's fridge so hoping this will be a winner! Along with colouring, new books, stickers, aqua draw we also have a little travel connect 4... Charlie loves posting things so even though he won't understand the concept of the game I think he will just enjoy putting all the discs in the holder!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We fly out from Manchester on the 18th October, with 4 nights at Hard rock then 10 at FQ.

Can’t wait! 😁

Kat

That's amazing! So excited for you x

Becca

Old 11 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
So many gorgeous t-shirts! Charlie has so many new t-shirts to wear on our trip, I am doubtful we are going to get through them all!

I have started to collect things for the flight too, I recently found a Peppa Pig magnet book on Amazon which is good, Charlie loves playing with the magnets on Nanny's fridge so hoping this will be a winner! Along with colouring, new books, stickers, aqua draw we also have a little travel connect 4... Charlie loves posting things so even though he won't understand the concept of the game I think he will just enjoy putting all the discs in the holder!
Thank you. We have more, Alex has a better wardrobe than I do.

Yes we had the Peppa Pig magnet book, daddy pig no long has a head 😂🐷, we have also got letter stamps which he will love. You sound more organised than me haha xx

Becca

Old 11 Aug 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Wow what an exciting time for you, as others have said tho, age is not important it is the memories you make the pictures you take that will keep the trip alive. We took our children for the “once in a lifetime trip” when DS was 3. He has seen the videos and photos we took over the years, then went to work as a CM in EPCOT when he was 21. We are off on our 14 the trip next year DS is now 32, but still as excited as when he was 3
Can’t wait to read your future reports.
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
Wow what an exciting time for you, as others have said tho, age is not important it is the memories you make the pictures you take that will keep the trip alive. We took our children for the “once in a lifetime trip” when DS was 3. He has seen the videos and photos we took over the years, then went to work as a CM in EPCOT when he was 21. We are off on our 14 the trip next year DS is now 32, but still as excited as when he was 3
Can’t wait to read your future reports.
Awww that's amazing! 14 trips that's incredible.
Xx

Becca

Old 12 Aug 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Sounds like a fantastic trip. The title made me smile as they are the same comments we got all the time when planning our last trip. DD was 3 and 10 months and DS was 17 months. We had no regrets whatsoever. DS obviously doesn't remember it but DD definitely does. We have so many great memories that we cherish from that trip! we didn't plan on going back for at least 5 years or so but soon booked to go back next year when we got home. They will be 5 and a half and just turned 3. I will be looking out for your full trip report. Have a great time.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Sounds like a fantastic trip. The title made me smile as they are the same comments we got all the time when planning our last trip. DD was 3 and 10 months and DS was 17 months. We had no regrets whatsoever. DS obviously doesn't remember it but DD definitely does. We have so many great memories that we cherish from that trip! we didn't plan on going back for at least 5 years or so but soon booked to go back next year when we got home. They will be 5 and a half and just turned 3. I will be looking out for your full trip report. Have a great time.

Thank you, we like to think that Alex might remember some bits of the holiday, but we expect that he won't. He'll be shown lots of photos when we're back though. Any tips for the plane, especially as you had two to entertain?

They sound like great ages to go, they should both have some memories of the holiday. x

Becca