Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Aug 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Can I ask what bus tour you did in Nashville please.
We are just debating on one for Oct.
We loved our visit to the smokey mountains,we would love to return
Tracy x
Hi Tracy, we did this one trolleytours/nashville/hop-on-hop-off. It was really good and the drivers all gave different versions of the talk so you got a different experience each time. We did the 2 day ticket which helpfully doesn't have to be used on 2 consecutive days ( think you have to us it with 5 days from the start). Think it cost $48 each, well worth it for us. The company also give you discount on other attraction tickets you buy from them so we went back a few times to buy tickets as and when we wanted them, saved a few dollars.

hth
xxx

dreaming of my happy place
P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Could I be cheeky please and ask for details of the apartment in Nashville please? Would you recommend, location wise etc?
We used homeaway.co.uk. I will PM you the link to the one we used. We stayed literally just off broadway which was great as it meant we could go back and fourth if we needed to. We were a group of three and had a 2 bed apartment, which helpfully came with a parking space in the garage opposite. It is expensive think we paid about £1800 for 5 nights but could not have been more convenient and was on a par with paying for 2 hotel rooms with the added extras of our own laundry facilities and a lounge/kitchen which worked for us. I know a lot of people prefer to stay further out at the airport hotels and uber into town as its cheaper, but we wanted to just be in the middle of everything.

xxx

P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by P.Sherman View Post
We used homeaway.co.uk. I will PM you the link to the one we used. We stayed literally just off broadway which was great as it meant we could go back and fourth if we needed to. We were a group of three and had a 2 bed apartment, which helpfully came with a parking space in the garage opposite. It is expensive think we paid about £1800 for 5 nights but could not have been more convenient and was on a par with paying for 2 hotel rooms with the added extras of our own laundry facilities and a lounge/kitchen which worked for us. I know a lot of people prefer to stay further out at the airport hotels and uber into town as its cheaper, but we wanted to just be in the middle of everything.

xxx
Excellent. Thank you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
Sounds amazing. How much would you need to budget for admission to all the places you went to ? I want to see them all
This was where the money went lol! prices per person roughly were:

Loretta lynn ranch about $18 I think!
Graceland we did the entourage vip tour with the airplanes $104
Civil rights museum about $16
Sun studios $14
Dollywood 2 day pass $94
Opry show ticket plus backstage tour $100 ( we were on the mezzanine level - top tip its on a slope so you can always see, the floor is flat) we went for mid range tickets.
Bus tour 2 day pass $48
Johnny Cash museum $14
Country music hall of fame about $24
Ryman about $18 I think

Think that's all of them

Old 11 Aug 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P.Sherman View Post
Hi Tracy, we did this one trolleytours/nashville/hop-on-hop-off. It was really good and the drivers all gave different versions of the talk so you got a different experience each time. We did the 2 day ticket which helpfully doesn't have to be used on 2 consecutive days ( think you have to us it with 5 days from the start). Think it cost $48 each, well worth it for us. The company also give you discount on other attraction tickets you buy from them so we went back a few times to buy tickets as and when we wanted them, saved a few dollars.

hth
xxx
Thank you so much!
It’s great to have personal recommendations,so off to have a look now.
Thanks again
Tracy x
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

This is the apartment we are staying in.
It cost £415 for 3 nights,so worked out £104 each.
We couldn’t get 2 hotel rooms,to come anywhere near that price,plus we love the space of an apartment.
It maybe worth looking at.
Tracy x
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Your trip sounds amazing, my MIL is obsessed with all things Country and has been to Nashville but we’re planning to go to Dollywood at some time in the distant future. It’s good to know that there’s enough in Pigeon Forge to keep you busy for 5 days.
For anyone going to Nashville- I can’t vouch for this myself but MIL went on a bright pink tour bus led by two amazing Dolly-style ladies, it’s called the Nash Trash tour and it’s one of her holiday highlights despite having travelled to at least 15 different states! Probably not everybody’s cup of tea but it’s definitely more unusual/unique than the ubiquitous HoHo bus!
I looked into those before we went, looked really fun! but the other one worked best for us x

Old 11 Aug 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
Sounds amazing. How much would you need to budget for admission to all the places you went to ? I want to see them all
I knew I'd forgotton one, Elvis' birthplace in Tupelo was about $15 too

Old 11 Aug 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Can I ask how you got to the grand ole oprey please or did you drive.
I don’t want to drive,in case we fancy a few cocktails.
Sorry for the questions
Tracy x
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Can I ask how you got to the grand ole oprey please or did you drive.
I don’t want to drive,in case we fancy a few cocktails.
Sorry for the questions
Tracy x
Ask away! we drove so can't advise on that one sorry except to say, there were obviously drinks for sale at the Opry itself, but there aren't any other bars there unless you went across the car park into the opry mills mall ( 2 mins walk)then there would be restaurants where you could get drinks - might be worth a look on the website to see if there is anywhere you fancy! I'm sure there must be some sort of bus from the city to the opry, its about a 15 min drive.

x