Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

They should protest if they so wish & have nothing else better to do, chain themselves to Downing Street or Houses of Parliament not disrupt airports
To ruin family holidays they they have saved for a few years for, it’s a horrible thing to do, when you have one flight or holiday a year😫😭
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
They're in Manchester today and stopped traffic a few weeks ago in Birmingham.

What I really don't understand is a lot of these protests (bit like the Brexit one's yesterday) are organised last minute (partly so that police etc don't know they're happening). But how do these people manage to get time off work to attend?

Everyone has the right to protest peacefully but really don't understand how people live if they are always at these protests?
BENEFITS
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Tbf Greta is in the US I suppose.
Once the replacemant six man crew fly out to bring the racing yacht back to France, and Greta flies back with her team, they can plan their next trip.
I will be surprised if they don't go to China and India soon.

Funnily enough they aren't boycotting the huge American conglomerate McDonalds on their increased use of plastic giveaway toys which are not despite what they say ...recyclable
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
If anyone saw the disgusting state that was left at the Reading festival by people who are concerned about the enviroment they would see the sheer Hypocrisy of a lot of protests.
Not just the festival. There were a lot of them in Five Guys on Saturday. I've not seen a more entitled group outside of academics! They couldn't even be ar**d to clean up their own rubbish.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Not just the festival. There were a lot of them in Five Guys on Saturday. I've not seen a more entitled group outside of academics! They couldn't even be ar**d to clean up their own rubbish.

images.app.goo.gl/Yh3YVsam4cLr9Hr28

I saw it on the news last night , saying volunteers were in tears at the huge amount of rubbish left behind ( this is Leeds festival aftermath)
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Tbf Greta is in the US I suppose.
Once the replacemant six man crew fly out to bring the racing yacht back to France, and Greta flies back with her team, they can plan their next trip.
I will be surprised if they don't go to China and India soon.
Greta... don’t get me started
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
images.app.goo.gl/Yh3YVsam4cLr9Hr28

I saw it on the news last night , saying volunteers were in tears at the huge amount of rubbish left behind ( this is Leeds festival aftermath)
That’s DISGUSTING and DISGRACEFUL and DISRESPECTFUL.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
That’s DISGUSTING and DISGRACEFUL and DISRESPECTFUL.
In their heads, only if someone else does it...

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
This, for me, sums this all up

A Conservative MP has written a letter to the pop band The 1975 to accuse them of hypocrisy over climate change.

Yep

Greta Thunberg is being used by adults and I foresee major issues for here ahead.

Celebrities getting on the cause

No one actually doing anything apart from disruption or maybe, god forbid acting on what they preach
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
What I really don't understand is a lot of these protests are organised last minute (partly so that police etc don't know they're happening).
I believe ER events are announced well in advance.
The London event on 7th October was on the news weeks ago.

It is true, that ER events are attended by supporters raising awareness of other issues. The last proper ER event had tents with animal rights, LGBTQI+, anti-Islamophobia, and a group selling t-shirts to highlight male violence towards women. (They made a point of the shirts not being imported from foreign 'sweat shops').
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List