Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Aug 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
ALK Concierge full of Brits

Just back from a week at ALK concierge and the lounge guests were almost entirely Brits. That's unheard of, as any time we've stayed concierge at any resort it would be rare to hear a UK voice, even the cast members were baffled. I suspected some sort of glitch so asked someone who they booked with and they said they booked direct with Disney UK. It seems that concierge rooms at AKL were almost the same price as a Savannah view, so that explained it. Unfortunately most of them did nothing to foster UK - US relations with their behaviour in the lounge, but that's another story.

We had a great stay and were lucky to get a Savannah concierge DVC studio, we moved to a value studio for our last night and that also had a Savannah view.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I just stayed at Hard Rock hotel-75% of hotel occupants seemed like Brits, not sure if there is a British invasion or what.
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We were due to stay Concierge level at AKL for one night next month, but we decided to move the whole 4 nights to Boulder Ridge instead to save us packing again.

We managed to get Boardwalk for our 2 nights pre-cruise and we're so happy about that. We've waitlisted 3 times for Boardwalk and never got it, but I just happened to look and it was there!

Can't wait to walk to Epcot for our last ever Illuminations.
AKL Concierge level will have to wait a while longer.
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Oh Jakki you are so lucky.

I've been trying for concierge for years with no success and the 1 year i saw it, i didn't realise the rooms were like gold-dust and let it go (kicking myself).

The last week, i've been trying to get a reservation for 1 of the value studios but no luck whatsoever. every time i try, i get a message saying the room is available for my dates but i'm outside the booking period and i should re-fresh page or search again.

eventually, it says unavailable and offers me a waitlist. When i get to the end of this, i then get another error saying aww something is broken and we're trying to fix it.

so i cannot book accommodation nor waitlist it online and its driving me cracked!

sorry for the rant.

glad you enjoyed florida.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lam View Post
... eventually, it says unavailable and offers me a waitlist. When i get to the end of this, i then get another error saying aww something is broken and we're trying to fix it...
I've never been able to get a waitlist online, you have to phone member services to set it up

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I've never been able to get a waitlist online, you have to phone member services to set it up
I've always done waitlist online.
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I've always done waitlist online.
Both Lesley and I are in Ireland so perhaps that’s the problem, I always get the same error message and member services have no idea why

Old 22 Aug 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Mobile

We got home last Friday and were amazed at how many Brits we came across, mustn’t have been many folk left over here
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

WHOOPPEE!

I managed to get a value studio for 12 nights AND concierge for an additional night.

I am really chuffed. Had almost given up the will to live and any hope of ever managing to book a value studio for next year as by 1pm our time, they'd all gone and i had logged in 10 mins beforehand and kept refreshing the page !
eventually, after persevering (14 days in a trot), finally i must've clicked on at the right time when someone else 'released' their booking!

So, my next question is :-
What can I expect at Club Level nowadays? and what time can I get access to the lounge (do I need to wait until my room is ready OR can I go up and get breakfast etc BEFORE my room is ready?
I'll be vacating a studio value early and concierge check-in wont be until 3pm.

What has your experience been? I want to make the most of my 1 night there!

Thanks everyone.

and ps, Jakki, I think you have a point re the dvc member website. appears for some reason the waitlist page of their website doesn't recognise a ROI browser!

Roll on next summer.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Probably picked up a cancellation from a walker.