Notices

Old 17 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just over 3 weeks till ADR day ... still no idea on places to book or when for

Really lacking this year. We have a lot going on at home at the moment so I'm really struggling, plus the third and final year of Uni and I'm having a really bad spell with Fibromyalgia at the moment.

The park hours for our dates aren't released yet, but I think I'm going to try for Be Our Guest for lunch on our first day. In October we did breakfast as well but the kid's didn't like it too much so not sure we will do it for breakfast again. Need to have a look at the menu again really. I will probably book lunch a couple of times over the trip as I think it's a good use of a QS credit.

Hoping to also get Restrauntasaurous booked if they're still doing it and the one in HS ... I keep forgetting the name it. I'm hoping I'm well enough to sit down this weekend and get a plan together.

Hope everyone is well x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post

Really lacking this year. We have a lot going on at home at the moment so I'm really struggling, plus the third and final year of Uni and I'm having a really bad spell with Fibromyalgia at the moment.

The park hours for our dates aren't released yet, but I think I'm going to try for Be Our Guest for lunch on our first day. In October we did breakfast as well but the kid's didn't like it too much so not sure we will do it for breakfast again. Need to have a look at the menu again really. I will probably book lunch a couple of times over the trip as I think it's a good use of a QS credit.

Hoping to also get Restrauntasaurous booked if they're still doing it and the one in HS ... I keep forgetting the name it. I'm hoping I'm well enough to sit down this weekend and get a plan together.

Hope everyone is well x
Oh god, don't even remind me how fast Adr time is coming up I still only have about 4 table service meals I definitely want to book out of 11 credits 🤦🏻 I feel I planning weekend coming on!

Sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia! Hope your feeling better soon! 💕✨
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's always frustrating when the park hours aren't out and you're trying to think about ADRs. I always feel like it all happens in such a rush, when really you've been thinking about ADRs for ages it's just you're not sure how to fit everything into the plan!

I want to try that Restaurantasuarus meal too, we like it there and didn't go this summer so it's definitely on the list for next year.

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling so good, I hope you start to feel a bit more like yourself soon. Are you getting a break from uni for half term with the kids? I hope so it sounds like you could do with a bit of a rest.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post

Hope everyone is well x
It's ABC Commisary (dinner only is pre bookable) - well worth a visit.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
Oh god, don't even remind me how fast Adr time is coming up I still only have about 4 table service meals I definitely want to book out of 11 credits 🤦🏻 I feel I planning weekend coming on!

Sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia! Hope your feeling better soon! 💕✨
Eeeekk you it won't be long before it's time. What have you choose so far. I think I'm really struggling as I don't know what to choose as we don't have the DDP! I think we're set on T-REX and Chef Arts now though ... although may change Chef Arts but no idea what for.

Thank you, it's been brewing for a few weeks and is in full force at the moment, so I'm high as a kite with meds to try and stabilize things right now haven't had a big flare like this for quite a while x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It's always frustrating when the park hours aren't out and you're trying to think about ADRs. I always feel like it all happens in such a rush, when really you've been thinking about ADRs for ages it's just you're not sure how to fit everything into the plan!

I want to try that Restaurantasuarus meal too, we like it there and didn't go this summer so it's definitely on the list for next year.

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling so good, I hope you start to feel a bit more like yourself soon. Are you getting a break from uni for half term with the kids? I hope so it sounds like you could do with a bit of a rest.
Funnily enough they were released this morning so I've had a play with the vacation planner but need to have a proper look at it when I'm feeling better.

All the reviews I've seen seem fab but it isn't bookable past December yet, wish they'd announce if they're extending it already.

Thanks Abby, I'm hoping when the meds kick in I'll get some relief. I've only been to Uni on Monday as I just haven't been well enough the rest of the week. I'm hoping for a chill out relaxing day Sunday (Chris has a wedding to do tomorrow so no chance of relaxing with the kids) Yes ours break up next Friday for a week, I know some break up today though. When do you all break up? Not long till the Washington trip now, can't wait to hear all about it! X

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
It's ABC Commisary (dinner only is pre bookable) - well worth a visit.
Thank you Mrs BC, hope your well x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Today was our last day so kids are off now and Washington is 3 days away. Not long now. V excited!

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Today was our last day so kids are off now and Washington is 3 days away. Not long now. V excited!

Xx
Hope your having an amazing time

So I started watching some Disney Vlogs on YouTube and we've had them on all night. HEA was on one of the blogs and it got Chris and I talking about Wishes, he can't remember it but I could vividly. I liked HEA but I said I felt that the projections take away from the fireworks and I didn't like it as much as Wishes so we just found the last viewing of Wishes on YouTube and I've sat and sobbed my heart out ... I just love it so much. I know it was 2003 when we went but I loved it and it just reminds me so much of my Disney childhood, Fantasia, Peter Pan, Pinnochio, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, the iconic Disney tune ... the fireworks going over the castle like they do at the beginning of movies ... I feel so privileged to have been able to view both of these shows ... I just hope they never get rid of Fantasmic or I might just not be able to recover from that

Ok now my emotional moan is over (we're now watching Fantasmic )

So last week the park hours were released so I've started putting plans together for days. I've decided to edit them again as I've packed too much into the days I've already planned (considering we want a more chilled time this time, hence the 19 nights) but on the plus side we have more or less decided on our ADR's!

ADR's
  • Be Our Guest - Breakfast - Day 5 - 8.20am
  • T-REX - Dinner (Landrys) - Day 6 - 5/6pm
  • Be Our Guest - Lunch - Day 10 - 2pm
  • Yak & Yeti - Lunch/Dinner (Landrys) - Day 15 - 12.30pm (11th Nov Booking Date)
  • Chef Art's Homecomin' - Lunch - Day 20 - 1pm (16th Nov Booking Date)

I've planned the dates for BoG, TREX and Chef Arts but not Yak and Yeti as we've only just decided on that tonight after I showed Mr Grump Colette's report

We haven't got much planned this weekend so I hope to really crack on with the plan.

We've just been watching Fantasmic and I said I don't remember this, it seems different, I wonder if this is a really old one! I won't spoil it for others who haven't seen it but turns out we've just watched half of the new 2019 one we didn't even know there was a new one (obviously having only been there 5 months ago!) We're so cross with ourselves xx

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

I didnt know the park hrs were out until I read your latest update so thanks for that. We will be there at the same time as you but at FQ and just 1 week, we are going over for a Disney wedding so are there from the 22nd of May.will keep a look out for you.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coulty47 View Post
I didnt know the park hrs were out until I read your latest update so thanks for that. We will be there at the same time as you but at FQ and just 1 week, we are going over for a Disney wedding so are there from the 22nd of May.will keep a look out for you.
I had an email alert set up with the Dibb but didn't get one strangely, I seen it on the May thread, happy planning

Oh how lovely, I hope you have a great time! Yes please say hi if you see us xx
Old 26 Oct 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Surprise Stay!

After reading Lovestoplan's report the other day I spoke to Mr Grump about booking a Deluxe stay for a few reasons:

1. To experience a Deluxe resort
2. To get the benefits from the DVC Tour we plan to do

I've managed to book this with DVC points from a group I'm on