Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 31 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

Gulf coast?

Thinking of doing a week on the gulf coast for 7 nights next trip.

Stayed on st petes beach before and the kids loved the beach. They’ll be 13 and 16.

I’d like to do the Everglades. We’d like to explore and have beach time. Any ideas on where best to base ourselves? Will be flying in and out of Orlando but don’t mind a drive.
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at Fort Myers beach a couple of times but it was a few years ago. Just stayed at the Holiday Inn which has probably changed its name since we stayed. Just a typical HI but it was right on the beach.

Lots of restaurants on the beach where I remember watching the sun set over the Gulf during dinner on their decks.

Handy for the Everglades as well. Also when you tire of the beach there's the Edison Ford winter estate in Fort Myers city. If any of your party is interested in American scientific and industrial history it's a good place to spend half a day.

We also go to Anna Maria Island regularly but just for day trips. Nice relaxing place for a couple of 70+ year olds but not sure what to do for a couple of teenagers.

Mick
Old 31 Aug 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Mobile

You could stay Fort Myers/ Cape Coral, near Captiva and Sanibel Islands
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d echo the points above, you cannot go wrong but for me, If you also want to go to the Everglades, you may as well go to Naples. Naples is our favorite place on the Gulf, having visited virtually every major place in 25+ trips.
However it is all very nice, I very much enjoyed a stay in Indian Shores the other week (3rd stay there).. I’ve stayed places like Sarasota, Fort Myers, Bonita, Sanibel and Captiva, Lovers Key, Marco, Naples, Cape Coral, Anna Maria, St Pete’s, Clearwater, Indian Shores etc. Naples would usually be my first choice, and I’ve been there 10+ times. However as I say it is all nice.
We always rent a house, our place of choice nowadays is Lely in Naples, making sure the place comes with the Players Club access as that place is fantastic. You will not regret that.
We have often booked via naplesvillasrentals.com who are actually a U.K. company. I think originally the link to them came from they were part of Horizons Travel Club that we used for something via the police where my wife works. In summer you can try negotiating the price a bit, Summer is quiet time in Naples. However there’s lots on homeaway etc as well.

Edited at 07:44 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

We have Naples on our radar for next year. It's been very well recommended
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. Naples was on my radar and strangely when I mock up for our dates the hotels here seem a little cheaper than other places. I’m liking the look of inn on fifth.
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Rotonda West is half way between Sarasota and Fort Myers and has a lot to offer.

It's close to several beautiful beaches including Boca Grand where you can spot dolphin and manatee. There is all the usual water sports locally and you can hire boats or go out on sunset cruises.

There are several golf courses actually within the Rotonda circle.
If you look through the guide you will see much more information on what to do in the locality.

There are two Dibb owners advertising on here, Hank and myself.
Happy to answer any questions 😎

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mandsjh View Post
Thank you. Naples was on my radar and strangely when I mock up for our dates the hotels here seem a little cheaper than other places. I’m liking the look of inn on fifth.
I’ve just booked 3 nights in Naples as part of our Keys trip, we love it there, previously stayed at Naples Golf and Beach resort(literally on the beach) but this is a budget trip and I’ve booked The Cove, bargain price and looks gorgeous!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List