Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Sep 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I would not recommend Bluegreen. We bought our timeshare when it was owned by Airtours but this was then taken over by Bluegreen. To start off with it was ok but for about the last 5 years maintenance fees have bern going up, service has been going down and owner updates have become aggressive selling events. Do your research carefully to make sure it is a good investment.

Frances01
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks so much for your help everyone. That's given me a few things to start looking in to, and to avoid. As I already have DVC I wouldn't probably wouldn't need another one for Orlando. I'm hoping to find something that covers a lot of countries, including the UK. My next trip this year is Hawaii so we'll be using our DVC points there, but I'll be in Asia and South America next year. This year we've been to Europe and I go to Australia every few years too.

The HPB is something I haven't heard of but definitely worth taking a look.

Thanks again everyone!
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
There is a poster on here who owns both, Matt, he pops on every now & then- I know he bought his Marriott Points resale for something crazy like $200! Some if not all, have move to points based as opposed to set weeks. Personally I've always liked the look of the ones near Seaworld- Marriott I think- but I've no idea whether the company itself are any good
SD
thats me

Yes we own at both

Now while DVC is great, we have stayed at AKV kidani and Poly for 1 week each, we have stayed at OKW for many week ( pre DVC purchase ) and had a night at our home resort of SSR

We didnt use our MVC for the 1st 4 years, when i spoke to my girls about staying at the marriott, they said " we want to stay in disney " then a few years back we decided to try it out, WOW, I looked at Trip adviser and Marriott VC Cypress Harbour looked good, so we stayed one week, WOW, it out disney's disney, the place is awesome, the staff and so friendly, The year we stayed in Kidani for the 1st week then MVC CH for the 2nd week, it was quicker to get to MK from CH than it was from Kidani

Now we have stayed in a 1 bed unit in OKW, it was nice, now compare it to the unit in CH ( unfair as its a 2ish bed unit ) but its massive, its got a master bedroom with a whirlpool bath and massive shower, the other bedroom has a double bed and a double bed sofa, it has 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, washer room and a lounge that has 2 sofa's and 2 chairs, its massive and very high standard , the pool is great, has a small shop onsite, pizza hut express and is just down the road from seaworld and across the I4 from Universal

as for costs, i depsoit my week in to interval international and trade it for the week i want, as for savings, they are not massive, think i worked it out last time ( i found the days available for cash ) the saving was about £300 a week, so not huge, depends on when you want to stay, as only off-peak will be for sale for cash by all accounts, my 2 weeks last year were off-peak

would i buy again, yes i would, maybe get a every other year week, so it can be banked and used with our DVC

If i know i am going to not use a week, i just put it on ebay for my fee's, they always go, i get my fee back and i do a good deed for someone

MVC did move to points for US owners, but as we are in the UK we couldnt, despite the week being a US week, i would prefer a points as it would suit us with split DVC stays

For timeshare HAL is the man, when i got mine he was a mine of info and very helpful and owned a few

we have stayed 3 weeks in cypress harbour, might try the one even closer to WDW next year, Harbour lake is across the road from CH and looks very nice aswell and both are very family based, Grand vista is our home resort and looks nice but is close to he convention centre and by all accounts does get business people as guests
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Just got the hubby to read your glowing report of MVC and he is interested although can't find much info on how many points are required (assume its a seasonal scale) or how you switch your week into points. If you don't mind me asking how much are your annual fees on your MVC to give me an idea on what to expect as have found both points and weeks of varying seasons for sale.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tynxuk View Post
Just got the hubby to read your glowing report of MVC and he is interested although can't find much info on how many points are required (assume its a seasonal scale) or how you switch your week into points. If you don't mind me asking how much are your annual fees on your MVC to give me an idea on what to expect as have found both points and weeks of varying seasons for sale.
My fee's are roughly $900 a year, of course when it was almost 2 for 1 exchange rate it was great, as i said, in Europe you cannot swap the week for points, so just get 1 week per year, exchange it at II and you can book most things, at the MVC is fairly in demand

a quick search on ebay shows up this

Grand Vista is the flagship MVC resort in Orlando, its Biennial, so you get 1 week every other year, ideal if you go every other year

Its being dumped by the seller, they will pay closing fee's and resort transfer fee's

currently at $3.25
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
My fee's are roughly $900 a year, of course when it was almost 2 for 1 exchange rate it was great, as i said, in Europe you cannot swap the week for points, so just get 1 week per year, exchange it at II and you can book most things, at the MVC is fairly in demand

a quick search on ebay shows up this

Grand Vista is the flagship MVC resort in Orlando, its Biennial, so you get 1 week every other year, ideal if you go every other year

Its being dumped by the seller, they will pay closing fee's and resort transfer fee's

currently at $3.25
Hubby liked the freedom of many countries the points gave so guessing buying points is the only way, how long does 1000 points get in a 2 bed unit at Cypress Harbor? that should give us a price point of what to buy even if the MVC points system is more expensive to buy into, MVC website only want you to phone or email for the details as a prospective buyer and I'm not being sucked into that.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
From time to time I’ve considered buying into the Marriott scheme as we stay at their Mallorca golf resort every year. I found a wealth of information on tug2, especially about buying resale. Warning, there’s a lot of information!
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Just an apology and a thankyou! I haven't had any notifications of replies so only just spotted these. I'm looking forward to looking in to everything that has been suggested.
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We did a Hilton Tour last year at one of their resorts and would have bought if it wasn't for the fact we have 2 timeshares already 😬. When they found out we were DVC they stopped trying to sell as their points based system is similar. They have a huge variety of resorts - maybe one day.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List