Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Sep 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
OliMax
Excited about Disney

NYC Explorer Pass Buy now or wait

I have decided to purchase the Explorer Pass and there are some good prices at the moment and to be honest it would be one big cost ticked off my list.
For those of you that have bought passes in the past were they any massive discounts to be had which could be worth waiting for.

We are travelling Easter 2020 so are there likely to be much cheaper prices in any of the big sales between now and then?

Many thanks

Mum's 50th Disney California Style 2022!
MaxiPasty's 10th and Daddy's 50th Disney Easter
Olliebob's 10th Birthday Celebration Universal 2017!
OliMax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

It's hard to say as you haven't said what deal you've seen, but my experience is below.

Not exactly the same pass, but I bought the New York Pass through Expedia when they had a 25% off voucher. Just checked (not sure what price you've seen where), but the Explorer pass is available through Expedia and is fully cancellable if you find a better price at a later date. Worth considering. Or if wherever you've seen your pass check to see if you are able to cancel later.

FWIW we ended up paying approx. £100 per person for our 4 day passes as there was a sale on and used the 25% off.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OliMax
Excited about Disney

At present these are the cheapest 3 deals I can get. Has anyone managed to get these cheaper in a sale?
Explorer pass 7 attractions
365 tickets £454 (£440 cash back)
ATD £480
Travel Republic £448

Mum's 50th Disney California Style 2022!
MaxiPasty's 10th and Daddy's 50th Disney Easter
Olliebob's 10th Birthday Celebration Universal 2017!
OliMax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
we got the Miami pass through quidco and expedia and got 16% cash back
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I am confused with these passes. Do you have to q to exchange the pass into ticket then q again to get into the attraction?
We’re going at a v busy time and really don’t want to q twice ( if that’s the case) as it’s reported the q’S are long.
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Are they worth it, do they work out cheaper than paying for individual attractions ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

costco/c/Go-New-Yo...Adult/p/187051

Not sure if this is of any use to anyone but spotted it today. If you read the reviews there are lots explaining about exchanging for tickets etc too
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Passes can work out cheaper than paying individually, but it depends on what you want to do. I think you need to work that out first and look to see how much the different passes would cost.

We got the New York pass for about £100 per person and did about $290 worth of entrance fees. However, I’m sure that with some researching I could have saved off this amount and some things we did because we had the pass (they were still good fun though).
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I am confused with these passes. Do you have to q to exchange the pass into ticket then q again to get into the attraction?
We’re going at a v busy time and really don’t want to q twice ( if that’s the case) as it’s reported the q’S are long.
Different passes have different processes. Our tickets were on my phone and we just had to queue to get entry in most places. Some of them we had to get our tickets before entering, but then there wasn’t really a second queue (The Met and the AMNH are the only two places that I can remember we had to do this).
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I am just concerned that because we are going at a very busy time ( btw Xmas and over New Year) I don't want to spend my time q'ing for a ticket then q'ing to get in.
I would sooner pay extra and only q the once. IYSWIM.