Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Would try that bonny lass but we always pack them in the hold luggage. We also leave the coffee and Coffeemate in the original containers. Wouldn't like to explain any white powder in a Ziplock bag.

Mick
Gadgey, never had issues, take just enough coffee/c'mate in Zips for hotel/flight in hand luggage. Bokeelia coffee is in Zips with original label from the jar - never been pulled/asked about all we have Alternatively you could buy some c'mate sachets to take on the aircraft. Trust me, it'll be the best coffee you've had on a flight
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Gadgey, never had issues, take just enough coffee/c'mate in Zips for hotel/flight in hand luggage. Bokeelia coffee is in Zips with original label from the jar - never been pulled/asked about all we have Alternatively you could buy some c'mate sachets to take on the aircraft. Trust me, it'll be the best coffee you've had on a flight
Ooh you’ve given me an idea, those coffee sachets from the supermarket that already have instant coffee and coffee mate already added and sealed for an individual portion coffee is sounding good on the flight now
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Ooh you’ve given me an idea, those coffee sachets from the supermarket that already have instant coffee and coffee mate already added and sealed for an individual portion coffee is sounding good on the flight now
Fiona - the Nescafe 2in1 or 3in1 sachets are currently on offer at Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's
Old 9 Sep 19, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

We arrived on Friday after hurricane Dorian had past but had already bought loads of food to take-just in case! One whole case was taken up with my decaf tea bags,husbands tetley tea bags,son in laws coffee,bagels,croissants, cereal,cereal bars,crisps,crackers, chocolate.Prices aren’t cheap here anymore so stocking up in home bargains before leaving has saved a fortune.We flew into Sanford said we had food in immigration but he said only interested in fresh dairy,fruit or meat so just let us go and collect our luggage-no extra scanning so easy!

Edited at 02:17 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

always take our own coffee although you can buy brands that are the same as in the UK and there are also many different coffee brands on the shelf they do not seem to taste the same.
Same with a few other food items they have the same name and brand but there not quite what you get in your local store back home.
Not sure why.

Coffee and those little Robinsons orange squash goes in our case regardless of if I can find it out there.
Old 9 Sep 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
always take our own coffee although you can buy brands that are the same as in the UK and there are also many different coffee brands on the shelf they do not seem to taste the same.
Same with a few other food items they have the same name and brand but there not quite what you get in your local store back home.
Not sure why.

Coffee and those little Robinsons orange squash goes in our case regardless of if I can find it out there.
I concur re same brand/differing tastes, in the UK we drink Pepsi Max, yet the US Max tastes awful, lame and watery like diet Coke, which I've never liked. In Fl I drink water with Crystal Light, Raspberry Ice flavour, hubs drinks water and Winn Dixie's own decaf diet coke.

Find it amusing how some are irritated that others take UK items to Fl but find it perfectly acceptable to bring items home from Fl *shrugs*, whatever...
Old 10 Sep 19, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

In Walmart especially (less so in Target and Publix) there is an international aisle which is further sub-divided into UK stuff. So yes you can buy Nescafe (not sure if it's Gold Blend) plus stuff like Robinson's squash and maybe even Marmite - but at possibly twice the price.
Have just found a photo I took on my phone in the international aisle in Publix back in 2016. A 50g jar of Nescafe Gold Blend was priced at $6.89 back then. Definitely take it with you from the UK!
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

You may get the usual unhelpful posts suggesting that they have shops in Florida which is always a big surprise to me. We always take instant coffee because we don't like USA brands - would you believe I was told a few weeks ago that I should really try filter coffee.

Mick
What moron told you to drink filter Mick ? They clearly have no idea you should drink Nespresso
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Never thought of taking bread. We don't have a car so we always take cereals,cereal bars and some snacks but I might see if we can fit some bread and muffins in. Can I take them in my hand luggage?
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I post this link regularly and it confirms that bread is admissible. Doesn't matter where you pack it but you should declare it if asked by the Immigration Officer.

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use

You may get the usual unhelpful posts suggesting that they have shops in Florida which is always a big surprise to me. We always take instant coffee because we don't like USA brands - would you believe I was told a few weeks ago that I should really try filter coffee.

Mick
Well, as you know I live in Spain. Tea bags in my regions are ≈≈≈≈≈. Every trip home and every family member who visits knows full well that the only way they’ll get entry into the finca is to declare the giant bags of PG Tips: at the gate. DD2 luckily is in catering so she’s just brought over a catering size 1000 TBags bag! When I go back next week I will also bring some back with me.

A box of 50 PG tips, in the nearest supermarket which is a two hour round trip, is nearly €4.

And yes, we have shops here as well, and electricity water etc. You can take the Brit out of The UK but you can’t take the Brit out of the girl
T-Bags it’s a Bing thing... some will get that last line others won’t!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List