Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Sep 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

2 bedroom accommodation in Lake Buena Vista

I’m looking for your wise insight Dibbers. We would like a 2 bedroom suite/villa for next July/August for 2 adults and 2 children (12,9).

We really like the area around Vineland Avenue/Vineland outlets. A washing machine is an absolute must.
So far i’ve looked at Lake Buena Vista Resort and spa (£2,100 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom room). I’d be happy with this, apart from the negative reviews i’ve read on Tripadvisor. Would I need to request a certain room location? Are there rooms that are not up to scratch?

Sheraton Vistana Villas Lake Buena Vista (£3,100 for a 2 bedroom villa). Looks perfect, but is it £1000 better than the LBV resort and spa.

Are there any places that I’m overlooking? I don’t want to rent a villa as the children really like the pool-scene. I really like the on-site restaurants if we need to grab food quickly.

Hit me with any advice!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have look at Cypress Pointe, Grand Villas and the Blue Tree resort, great location in Lake Buena Vista, walking distance to lots of restaurants ( especially millers ale house & olive garden our favourites).
We stayed at the Grand Villas when they were part of Cypress Pointe and we loved it.

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

agree with barbie 5
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Looking at the recent LBV Resort reviews I can’t see much negative. We’ve had no concerns.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We've stayed at the LBV resort and Spa albeit it 4 years ago now in a 2 bed apartment and found it good, no complaints although I wouldn't suggest it as a place to go without a car as the shuttle buses looked busy and we not that frequent but as we had a car there were no problems.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Looking at the recent LBV Resort reviews I can’t see much negative. We’ve had no concerns.
Sorry- the reviews were on Google not Tripadvisor.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

We will definitely have a car. I’ll take a look at the other suggestions too- all much appreciated.
Old 10 Sep 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubblejet
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We are big fans of LBV. Email them direct and ask Trish for a quote. Request block 5.
Bubblejet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

We’ve stayed at The Blue Heron and Lake Buena Vista resort and Spa, out of the two we preferred The Blue Heron as it was quieter. I wasn’t a fan of the bathroom inside the bedroom at LBV either.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another vote for the Blue Heron. We are staying there for the second time this year at the end of the month. The location and value are unbeatable.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List