Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thanks for asking this as i'm interested in this too, we are looking at 2 bed properties but not a villa and looking at Disney prices i think it will be offsite for us. Our kids will be 14 and 9 when we go and i'm looking for the 2nd bedroom to have two bed options as they won't sleep together It's such a headache but know if we don't go for this option we'll experience more than headache on holiday
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’re here now in LBV resort and spa.Our first room in block 3 overlooked the smaller pool in front of balcony and large fountain to the right and the car park.I complained to the reception the next morning as I noticed the sheets were stained and the room appeared very shabby.We were upgraded to a room in the same block overlooking the large pool much nicer view and it was still old fashioned decor but clean.Shuttle bus today was awful coming home,had to stand all the way back so will stick to Uber and Lyft.Wal mart and Aldi close and factory outlets a two min walk away.Also lovely pub food in Frankie farrells opposite.
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love blue tree resort fab location staff are great very clean etc nothing to say negative about it
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Another vote for the Blue Heron. We are staying there for the second time this year at the end of the month. The location and value are unbeatable.

I am looking at this for next August but it says there are restoration works going on until dec 2020. I have emailed to see if all the amenities will be open, but they couldn’t guarantee it ( worries pool/ etc would be closed and there will be a lot of building noise) !
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubblejet
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Are there certain rooms to avoid at the LBV resort? I know that there are preferred blocks, I just wondered if there were any issues with any of the blocks? I don’t want to be reliant on the whim of someone allocating our room, if there is a chance that it won’t be up to scratch if we don’t get the room we requested.
I know some blocks were renovated more recently than others at LBV. We wanted a 3 bed 3 bath last time and you can’t get those in block 5. Think we were block 2 but it was over by the smaller pool. The room was just a bit more dated and our view was over the mall rather than the pirate ship pool. But it was worth it for the 3rd bathroom it was a fab room, still clean and huge the sofa was just a bit old...
The resort is in a great location, staff are lovely, pool and pool bar really good. That said if we were going back and just wanted 2 bed I would be tempted to try Floridays after all the comments I’ve seen on the dibb and a couple of friends who have been recently.
Bubblejet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Thanks for asking this as i'm interested in this too, we are looking at 2 bed properties but not a villa and looking at Disney prices i think it will be offsite for us. Our kids will be 14 and 9 when we go and i'm looking for the 2nd bedroom to have two bed options as they won't sleep together It's such a headache but know if we don't go for this option we'll experience more than headache on holiday
My eldest is 12 and is very particular about cleanliness (he’s ASD) so we need them to have separate spaces to stop them from bickering about mess. We’ve spent most of the summer in Tenerife, in a 1 bedroom apartment, as we do most summers, but the eldest couldn’t hack it this year. He really wanted his own space. I’m finding it easier to 2 bedroom rooms in Orlando than in Tenerife. They are non-existent in the area we like to stay in in Tenerife. Good luck in your search.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bubblejet View Post
I know some blocks were renovated more recently than others at LBV. We wanted a 3 bed 3 bath last time and you can’t get those in block 5. Think we were block 2 but it was over by the smaller pool. The room was just a bit more dated and our view was over the mall rather than the pirate ship pool. But it was worth it for the 3rd bathroom it was a fab room, still clean and huge the sofa was just a bit old...
The resort is in a great location, staff are lovely, pool and pool bar really good. That said if we were going back and just wanted 2 bed I would be tempted to try Floridays after all the comments I’ve seen on the dibb and a couple of friends who have been recently.
I’ve read lots of recommendations for Floridays, but was unsure about the International Drive location. I have no idea why this put me off, the area isn’t that familiar as we stayed at LBV/Vineland last time and liked it. We will be driving, does anyone have any idea if it’s convenient for Universal.
I’ve just looked at the availability and love the look of Floridays. We could also stretch to a 3 bedroom suite, so both kids would have a room with their own space. The pools look fab.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubblejet
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’ve read lots of recommendations for Floridays, but was unsure about the International Drive location. I have no idea why this put me off, the area isn’t that familiar as we stayed at LBV/Vineland last time and liked it. We will be driving, does anyone have any idea if it’s convenient for Universal.
I’ve just looked at the availability and love the look of Floridays. We could also stretch to a 3 bedroom suite, so both kids would have a room with their own space. The pools look fab.
I know what you mean but it’s the right end of International Drive if you like the Vineland area. If you have a quick look on google maps and put directions in from LBV it will help give you an idea where it is. The extra room I’m sure would be fab!
I still love LBV but fancy trying Floridays...
Bubblejet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Have just had a look and it’s close enough to the Vineland area for us. Plenty of places to eat nearby. I really like the look of it.
Old 11 Sep 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve read lots of recommendations for Floridays, but was unsur

, so both kids would have a room with their own space. The pools look fab.
The pools arent as big as they may appear in the photos. Still a fair size, but nothing amazing.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List