Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Sep 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Toronto how long do you go for?

Probably be going next year to see ds, how many days do we go for. We were thinking 8 nights or is that not enough, will be driving to Niagara for the day. Should we go for longer?
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

We had 5 nights there, but we did it as a twin centre with New York. Personally I would say that was enough for us, but maybe that was because of already being in New York.

There was another thread yesterday with lots of stuff to do in Toronto if you're interested - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...9#post14074739

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were going to go to NY as well but it’s going to be so expensive anyway for us, there could be a possible wedding. ( Waiting to hear) So 8 days would be ok then I suppose. Then come home and save for NY!
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
We had 5 nights there, but we did it as a twin centre with New York. Personally I would say that was enough for us, but maybe that was because of already being in New York.

There was another thread yesterday with lots of stuff to do in Toronto if you're interested - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...9#post14074739

Oh we're looking at a twin center Toronto & New York with only 4 nights in Toronto with 1 day at the falls and 6 nights New york, any tips?
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ynwa2009 View Post
Oh we're looking at a twin center Toronto & New York with only 4 nights in Toronto with 1 day at the falls and 6 nights New york, any tips?
We did Niagara as a day trip excursion - but if you're doing a night there I would recommend driving to places nearby like Niagara on the Lake and the Floral clock which are both a short drive away as the area around the falls can be quite 'tacky'. There are lots of chain hotels (think Marriott, Sheraton) by the Falls and you can get falls view rooms and there are falls view restaurants there as well.

I'd say 4 nights will be fine in Toronto, since those 4 nights don't include Niagara. Have a look at that link where lots of Toronto tips have already been posted.

If you're into Hop on hop off buses, whilst they are expensive you do see a lot of the city. They do get stuck in traffic a lot at New York though as you might expect! There are ones in both Toronto and New York that include a harbour cruise so it's worth having a look at those.

Some general tips in NY though:

- If you need to get somewhere quickly, use the subway. It really is quite easy to use. $3 single or there are also week passes I believe if you're using it a lot.
- Try to plan in 'areas' so you're not going up/down quite a lot, for example the 9/11 memorials and Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island are quite close to one another, so you might want to do these on the same day. Though they do take a long time to do! The 9/11 memorial also does free admission on a Tuesday after 5pm, you can book these online on a Monday from 9am the day before.
-Try to eat away from Times Square, ie not in 7th/8th Avenues. Very expensive!
- Central Park is worth an explore.
- Lots of museums in NY are "pay as you wish", for example we went to the Natural history museum.

I'm sure if you search on here you'll find a lot more suggestions on NY, there's so much to do there that you can go back time after time and still have things you haven't done yet.

Regarding flights there's lots of flights between NY and Toronto. We did NY first and then Toronto. On the way back we flew via JFK and as there is preclearance in Toronto it was easy to connect in JFK.

Thats all I can think of for now - though feel free to ask anything!

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
We did Niagara as a day trip excursion - but if you're doing a night there I would recommend driving to places nearby like Niagara on the Lake and the Floral clock which are both a short drive away as the area around the falls can be quite 'tacky'. There are lots of chain hotels (think Marriott, Sheraton) by the Falls and you can get falls view rooms and there are falls view restaurants there as well.

I'd say 4 nights will be fine in Toronto, since those 4 nights don't include Niagara. Have a look at that link where lots of Toronto tips have already been posted.

If you're into Hop on hop off buses, whilst they are expensive you do see a lot of the city. They do get stuck in traffic a lot at New York though as you might expect! There are ones in both Toronto and New York that include a harbour cruise so it's worth having a look at those.

Some general tips in NY though:

- If you need to get somewhere quickly, use the subway. It really is quite easy to use. $3 single or there are also week passes I believe if you're using it a lot.
- Try to plan in 'areas' so you're not going up/down quite a lot, for example the 9/11 memorials and Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island are quite close to one another, so you might want to do these on the same day. Though they do take a long time to do! The 9/11 memorial also does free admission on a Tuesday after 5pm, you can book these online on a Monday from 9am the day before.
-Try to eat away from Times Square, ie not in 7th/8th Avenues. Very expensive!
- Central Park is worth an explore.
- Lots of museums in NY are "pay as you wish", for example we went to the Natural history museum.

I'm sure if you search on here you'll find a lot more suggestions on NY, there's so much to do there that you can go back time after time and still have things you haven't done yet.

Regarding flights there's lots of flights between NY and Toronto. We did NY first and then Toronto. On the way back we flew via JFK and as there is preclearance in Toronto it was easy to connect in JFK.

Thats all I can think of for now - though feel free to ask anything!
Thanks for all the great info

Just trying to price it all up on BA
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm doing 5 nights next month and this includes a stop at Niagara.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Two nights at Toronto was fine for us, then two nights at Niagara Falls.
Pino_Spetzberg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We did 3 nights Toronto & 3 nights niagara.
Really enjoyed our time there
Tracy x
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

We’re just back from Canada and did 5 nights in Toronto and 3 in Niagara Falls, then moved up to Montréal and Ottawa. Don’t underestimate the time it takes to drive between Toronto and Niagara Falls. Admittedly, it was the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend but the drive took us nearly 3 hours.

While the Clifton Hill area of Niagara Falls is tacky (think International Drive), we stayed in a motel on Lundy’s Lane and used the WeGo bus. The traffic around Clifton Hill and along Niagara River Parkway is horrendous and we found it easier to use the bus.

HTH

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List