Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Sep 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
We did Colorado with a bit of Utah thrown in earlier this year and I did a mini review if you’re interested. We’d love to go back to Utah to do more of the national parks.

We’ve done a few road trips over the years, but this was the best one so far and we had a fabulous time. We’ve got flights booked for New York next year and plan on doing NYC, then Philadelphia and then Washington DC, but that will be by train so difficult to get the state sign photos!

We loved Utah I will definately be going back there at some point. I think if I could move to America I would love to live in Utah or Florida 😊
samx57 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
We were in The Keg at the Embassy Suites overlooking Niagara Falls one time.
It was really quiet, a family from Boston struck up a conversation, they were highly amused we had been to Ohio.
Surprising how many Americans you meet don't bother travelling to the flyover states.

We visited Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska from Canada, flew into Calgary.
The Dakotas, (and Montana), we flew from Manchester to Chicago with BMI.
Stopped at Sioux Falls, on the way to Deadwood, Spearfish, Wall, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse etc, then back home from Chicago.

South Dakota, Black Hills etc is really worth a trip.
Thanks Pino, will definitely look more into those places when we have visited all the other States. It will take us a few years yet, just got to get rid of these pesky kids

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bvh13
A Guest at All-Stars

There is a couple on YouTube who did pretty much exactly this and are now documenting / releasing all of their vlogs on YouTube. They're not huge, but they're really well put together, enjoyable vlogs in my opinion. I'd recommend checking them out at Hudson & Emily

Edited at 08:31 AM.
bvh13 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Another one recommending New England as a good way to tick off the states! We are off to Boston a week today (eek! ) and then will be doing the 6 states in 2 weeks! It is pretty reasonably priced for accommodation in my experience as well I would love to visit all of the states, but I still have a long way to go!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

We started off in Washinton DC and ended up in Chicago (no one way car hire fees ) Ticked off Virgina, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Toronto (via Niagara), Michigan, Indiana and Illinois. Went towards the end of November which made the hotels so much cheaper, it was cold but dry and the driving was very pretty with a light dusting of snow
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Another one recommending New England as a good way to tick off the states! We are off to Boston a week today (eek! ) and then will be doing the 6 states in 2 weeks! It is pretty reasonably priced for accommodation in my experience as well I would love to visit all of the states, but I still have a long way to go!
Are you doing a trip report?
samx57 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

On our recent planes trains and automobiles trip, we were in 8 states

Massachusetts
Rhode Island (train only)
Connecticut (train only)
New York.
Ohio
Indiana (drive through until we crossed the River Ohio).
Kentucky
Florida.

I am up to 20 now, not trying to hit them so much as being aware as they tot up. Clearly, if I had hired a car for the day in Boston, then I could have got half a dozen more.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1110396

We did this last year and loved it, yes a lot of miles but well worth it.

Will be doing a mini trip report shortly, we are currently on last leg of a shortened version.
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

It's on our bucket list to do all 50 states. DH has just retired and is itching to get started, but I've got another 7 years to go 😬
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
We're doing Route 66 next year, 8 states - Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. We're adding side trips to Monument Valley (Utah) and Las Vegas (Nevada), so we will visit 10 states in total.
We’ve just booked to do this with Eagle Riders - May/June next year. So excited. Been watching the Hairy Bikers.