Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I bought a bed from Argos sight unseen. The mattress was cheap and we ended up adding a memory foam topper. With the topper it’s very comfortable and if I bought a more expensive mattresss I’m sure it would have been fine. I don’t think you can tell much about a mattress in a shop anyway. You need a few nights sleep on it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
That is good to know Bev, thanks. Roughly how much is a mattress a mattress topper please? I am cooking dinner right now but can google it later 😳
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

We bought a casper mattress without trying it... Looking back its madness! But we adore it, at the beginning it was a bit warm but we got used to it
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Wish I could be more helpful but we ended up with the bed from my mum's spare room lol. We did have a couple of options we liked in bed shops but we were looking at £1k+ for anything we liked which we couldn't afford.

Probably didn't help that we lay on and fell in love with a £3.5k Tempur and after that nothing else matched up...

Oh I have heard that if you like the beds in Premier Inn you can buy those mattresses and they aren't extortionate so maybe we'd have done that
LOL.
You highlight the problem - when you try, the most comfortable always seem to be the most expensive.
We got sick looking, but really need a new one so we need to bite the bullit and get out there and buy one
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
LOL.
You highlight the problem - when you try, the most comfortable always seem to be the most expensive.
We got sick looking, but really need a new one so we need to bite the bullit and get out there and buy one
We got sick of looking too so thankfully my mum decided she wanted rid of her spare one! And we knew it was comfy as we sleep on it when we visit lol. Otherwise I think we'd still be in the old bed!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I've learned something from this thread. I didn't know trying a bed in a shop was a thing. I've always bought from online.

Can you really go into a shop and try a bed? 😂🤣😂
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had a local blacksmith make us an iron bed many years ago, king size. I love it. DH had to make wooden planks for the base to go on top of the frame. We will probably have it forever. Anyway, like a previous poster it's more about the mattress. We can't see past Ergoflex. Recommended by several posters on here about 6 yrs ago. All the other beds in our house now have the same mattress too. It's quite like a memory foam but breathable. I'm at that age and hate a warm bed but it's okay actually. Really comfortable and I would say it's not firm but not soft, in the middle. They only sell online. Very reasonable prices if you compare to some mattresses. The only thing I don't like is there pillows. They sent a free one with a single mattress I bought last year and it's so uncomfortable.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

My two children have 4ft mattress on their beds, bought online, Silentnight Pocket 1000

Certainly not expensive but very comfortable

My husband had to sleep in my daughters bed the other night as she was feeling unwell so slept in with me and my husband said it’s much more comfortable than our bed which cost loads more about £1000!

Edie
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The 4ft topper was £35.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I've learned something from this thread. I didn't know trying a bed in a shop was a thing. I've always bought from online.

Can you really go into a shop and try a bed? 😂🤣😂
That’s why the beds on display in department stores, bed shops, furniture shops, Marks & Spencer’s etc have pillows & a protective cover where you put your feet up so the mattress doesn’t get dirty!
So you can lie down on them to see what you think!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List