Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Adding bags to code-share flight?

Found some attractive flights for July on KLM website. However its on virgin and delta metal on the way out and delta metal on the way back. Prices are hand-luggage only but I can't add any on the KLM site. Any ideas how to do that?
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

Just jumping on as I’ve actually booked these flights. Presuming I can add on at check in or at the airport. Can anyone clarify? Thanks
Dummydaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dummydaydream View Post
Just jumping on as I’ve actually booked these flights. Presuming I can add on at check in or at the airport. Can anyone clarify? Thanks
Did you find the weird bit in the booking process where it claimed you actually also had 1 x checked baggage each when clearly everywhere else in the booking you don't?!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

Yeah. I got really excited thinking it was an even better deal but then realised it’s just hand luggage. We will only take two cases so hoping for £90 each return like Lufthansa.
Dummydaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dummydaydream View Post
Yeah. I got really excited thinking it was an even better deal but then realised it’s just hand luggage. We will only take two cases so hoping for £90 each return like Lufthansa.
Have you actually managed to add luggage? If so how? Cost?
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
Have you actually managed to add luggage? If so how? Cost?
Hiya. I’ve sent a message to KLM via Facebook asking about luggage check in. I’ll post back when I get a reply
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are booked on similar flights through klm hand luggage only. KLM say you have to pay for bag at airport desk when checking in only way, but my virgin and delta screens clearly show as classic booking so hopefully won’t have to.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jliebnitz
Proud to wear my Ears

We've got the same issue - I'm thinking that as Virgin are saying we're Economy Classic, if we check in via Virgin rather than KLM then they'll see the Economy Classic booking and we'll have the bags included? So the plan is to try OLCI with Virgin at 24 hours out, and if we can't then check in at the Virgin desk at the airport. The same with Delta on the way back. Avoiding any contact with KLM!
jliebnitz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Rbecking View Post
We are booked on similar flights through klm hand luggage only. KLM say you have to pay for bag at airport desk when checking in only way, but my virgin and delta screens clearly show as classic booking so hopefully won’t have to.
I’ve just got the same answer from KLM.

It hadn’t even occurred to me to check the booking through Virgin but there we are! It says Economy classic so fingers crossed for no baggage fees. We are not flying until 21/7/20 do would be grateful if anybody flying earlier can report back. Thanks
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jliebnitz View Post
We've got the same issue - I'm thinking that as Virgin are saying we're Economy Classic, if we check in via Virgin rather than KLM then they'll see the Economy Classic booking and we'll have the bags included? So the plan is to try OLCI with Virgin at 24 hours out, and if we can't then check in at the Virgin desk at the airport. The same with Delta on the way back. Avoiding any contact with KLM!
It’s not a klm flight so there won’t be any contact with klm, they only sold the ticket, it will be a virgin check in desk. I have got printouts showing it says economy classic. If they still say we got to pay then fair enough.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List