Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Sep 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bigwigg
Earning My Ears

Florida for a party who don’t like rides

Hi planning our trip for August 2020 and looking at theme park passes, boy are they expensive! Was just thinking that none of us actually like big rides, rollercoasters etc, we are 4 adults, a 15 year old and a 12 year old. What parks would you recommend for us and what passes? The 2 kids like water parks
Bigwigg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

If you going for 2 weeks I would recommend 14 day ultimate tickets for WDW.
Epcot, AK, MK, HS have lots to do without doing the big rides.
Tickets also include 2 water parks and crazy golf.

Universal Studios I think would be too expensive just for the family rides.

Busch Gardens is a mostly a roller coaster park.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Disney and sea world . Universal might be too much if you don’t like big rides.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Yep, I'd just book WDW really, between the 4 parks, there are plenty of non thrill rides, shows, resort hopping and other things to do.
The 2 waterparks are good as well as previous posts about the mini golf. Great fun!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I don’t do rollercoasters at all, even the teacups makes me very nauseous! I still find loads to do at Disney although not a great deal at universal.
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bigwigg
Earning My Ears

Great thanks the replies , I thought t it would be Universal that people would suggest, glad I asked now!
Bigwigg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Disney and Seaworld (possibly off the back of a Discovery Cove ticket, and we prefer non swim).

Disney does not have any rides that I would call big or extreme. it is more about theming.

Seaworld has 3 big coasters, but plenty of other stuff. Infinity Falls is great.

Universal, Islands and particularly Busch are all about big rides.

Disney have two excellent waterparks in tl and bb.

The special treat would be the wonderful Discovery Cove. Whilst the price initially seems rather high, you will get all your food, snacks and drinks for that day paid for and also Seaworld to follow.. or precede!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:51 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bigwigg View Post
Great thanks the replies , I thought t it would be Universal that people would suggest, glad I asked now!
Universal has all the big rides. However volcano bay is popular as a water park and aquatica gets good reviews.

Kennedy space centre, gatorland and there are lots of other things to do.

As others have said Disney has a variety but you do need to like Disney.
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bigwigg View Post
Hi planning our trip for August 2020 and looking at theme park passes, boy are they expensive! Was just thinking that none of us actually like big rides, rollercoasters etc, we are 4 adults, a 15 year old and a 12 year old. What parks would you recommend for us and what passes? The 2 kids like water parks
Rides at Disney parks are not big rollercoasters, they don't spin you around, and the vast majority are in no-way scary. Most of the rides at Disney parks are about atmosphere, immersion and story telling.

It's nothing like Alton Towers, or a Seaside fair ground.

There's a ton of shows, night time spectaculars, parades, characters to meet (yes, even for the adults), good food to try, 3D experiences - and yes, there's rides -- but very few "big rides" - you're doing yourself a disservice is you go all the way without Disney tickets.

If you're not a fan of big rides - avoid Universal Parks. But Disney? give it a go. You won't regret it - just make sure you tackle it with a plan.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Agree with everyone on here! Disney is defo better for non-rollercoaster lovers. My mum doesn’t ride anything big and always enjoys universal as the atmosphere is good etc but Disney is better for her and there is more for us to do all together!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List