Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Lifeisforliving
Earning My Ears

Mobile Need advice ASAP!

So everyone has heard what’s happening with Thomas cook.. my Dilemma is that we haven’t paid anything for our holiday as our first payment goes out on the 27th.

Tui has the same package for next September do we cancel now and go with them or just wait it out? Please please help! 😱

Thank you in advance
Lifeisforliving is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

You’d still owe the deposit I imagine and you’d lose that if you cancelled.

If you’ve booked a package and TC goes bust you’d be covered by ATOL and get your money back (may take some months).

There’s lots of things to consider that only you can then decide if it’s the right thing.

If your happy to lose your deposit then rebook. If you’d rather wait and see and rebook at that point then you could wait.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Lifeisforliving
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
You’d still owe the deposit I imagine and you’d lose that if you cancelled.

If you’ve booked a package and TC goes bust you’d be covered by ATOL and get your money back (may take some months).

There’s lots of things to consider that only you can then decide if it’s the right thing.

If your happy to lose your deposit then rebook. If you’d rather wait and see and rebook at that point then you could wait.
We didnt put a deposit down tho? As it was 0% deposit

Edited at 08:36 AM.
Lifeisforliving is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lifeisforliving View Post
We didnt put a deposit down tho? As it was 0% deposit
Sorry not sure what you want ?

As it won’t cost you anything to change to a more financially stable (today) company for same holiday I can’t honestly see what you are asking for !’?

Not being rude I really don’t understand ASAP urgent question ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well it’s 0% deposit so I guess if you cancel you lose nothing. On the other hand you seem to be able wait until at least the day before your first payment to make that decision and still nothing is at risk so I would probably sit tight til then

Even if you do make the first payment sounds like it’s a package so you’ll get money back from ATOL and even then it’s a very small payment so I guess it won’t be like you need to be refunded in order to book anything else so sounds like any risk sounds like a pretty low impact one

None of your options sound too bad to me. I’d probably wait a few days at least to see if things are clarified before making a decision
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Well it’s 0% deposit so I guess if you cancel you lose nothing. On the other hand you seem to be able wait until at least the day before your first payment to make that decision and still nothing is at risk so I would probably sit tight til then

Even if you do make the first payment sounds like it’s a package so you’ll get money back from ATOL and even then it’s a very small payment so I guess it won’t be like you need to be refunded in order to book anything else so sounds like any risk sounds like a pretty low impact one

None of your options sound too bad to me. I’d probably wait a few days at least to see if things are clarified before making a decision

I guess the risk of waiting is that the price of the alternative will shoot up or become unavailable if TC collapses ? Only the OP can make that call
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

If you won’t lose any money then personally I’d book with Tui. I’m not saying TC won’t be able to bring things around & continue with their holidays but I wouldn’t want the stress of worrying over it.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I guess the risk of waiting is that the price of the alternative will shoot up or become unavailable if TC collapses ? Only the OP can make that call
True but I assumed if they’ve only just booked and paying by instalments then the holiday is somewhat off and therefore price changes may be minimal

It’s true the no risk option appears to be cancel and rebook
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

check the small print though re deposit. I know when I did a low deposit once it had in the small print that in the event of cancellation we have to pay the balance of the deposit. Just double check first.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I would check in the small print that it really is 0% deposit,you may be liable for more if you cancel.