Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Sep 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

Is this a good price for Manchester Airport Radisson?

Looking for a one night midweek stay in April for 2 people and cheapest Runway B&B rate I can find is £185 direct with Radisson after signing up as a member. We always stay at the Premier Inn but I want to book this as a surprise for DH as its a special anniversary trip. I think this is full payment in advance, is this a decent price?

Thanks

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
Looking for a one night midweek stay in April for 2 people and cheapest Runway B&B rate I can find is £185 direct with Radisson after signing up as a member. We always stay at the Premier Inn but I want to book this as a surprise for DH as its a special anniversary trip. I think this is full payment in advance, is this a decent price?

Thanks
Assume you mean the airport one? That's way too expensive imo. It was £120 about a week ago for our trip in November and I wouldn't book at that price either. Plenty of the other hotels around the airport are cheaper.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
Assume you mean the airport one? That's way too expensive imo. It was £120 about a week ago for our trip in November and I wouldn't book at that price either. Plenty of the other hotels around the airport are cheaper.

I've been looking since Xmas and I've never found it cheaper than this for our date, it always been £205. It has to be this particular hotel and its the Runway view B&B rate that I'm looking at. If you can suggest a site to get it for £120 please let me know, as I cant even find a room only standard room rate as cheap as that. Thanks
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

I was looking for a standard room and found the price I did through various hotel sites (hotel, booking.com, trivago). They all came in about a fiver cheaper than booking direct. I only gave it a cursory look as we just want a bed for the night
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

TBH the Radisson seems to have increased it's prices quite dramatically over the last year or so. We paid the same the other week for a superior room for 3 adults with breakfast as we did in 2017 for Executive room with lounge access and breakfast with 15 days parking!

We do love the Radisson though and would probably stay there again as it's just so handy and a lovely hotel. Would highly recommend the pina colada from the M Bar!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
TBH the Radisson seems to have increased it's prices quite dramatically over the last year or so. We paid the same the other week for a superior room for 3 adults with breakfast as we did in 2017 for Executive room with lounge access and breakfast with 15 days parking!

We do love the Radisson though and would probably stay there again as it's just so handy and a lovely hotel. Would highly recommend the pina colada from the M Bar!
I always wonder if they own the building, and who shares the maintenance cost for the walkways to the terminals.

If they rent it must be an insane figure.

I've noticed a bit of an uptick in prices - we got it for about £140 (pay on arrival) this time, in 2018 it was only about £115. Saying that it was £165 a few months back, so it clearly does fall. We just wanted to be sure of a booking.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Agoda is coming out cheaper than direct (and signing up) for my dates. £127 but that’s without breakfast.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Prices have risen in the last 18m. I’d price up Meet and Greet T2 parking separately and see if you can save that way as it’s equally as convenient, more so on your return home. I’d also dump the breakfast personally but that’s just because I can’t eat a mountain of food first thing. My DH loves their breakfast and can do it some serious damage! So do some maths as you will possibly save that way and still stay at this hotel.
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

I got a standard room at the Radisson,no breakfast,for £118. Booked it in June with Booking.com,staying on the 31st of October. It's our first time staying here,usually book The Clayton but the room i was going to book there was £120,so I jumped at the chance to stay at the Radisson,very happy with the price i got
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for your comments. It’s a runway view room I’m looking to book with breakfast as we are meeting people there and all eating together on the morning before we leave.