Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

It would probably only cost about £850 to upgrade from QS to DDP at POR 😃
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
It would probably only cost about £850 to upgrade from QS to DDP at POR 😃
It would cost £1088 for 4 adults (the twins are adult age for the upgrade) for 16 nights at £17pppn.

Op, we've done both, but find that the QSDP works better for us, and our two teens agree too. We just like the flexibility and there's a lot of choice on the qs plan too. So, we stick with that and pay oop for a 2-3 TS meals. Don't forget to budget for tips too if you decide to go for the DDP as that can easily add another $500 for 16 meals (basing that on an average bill of $160 for 4 mains, desserts and drinks, especially now alcohol is included for adults).

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Love POFQ and quick service. We found quick service more flexible and easier than sit down meals. Even if we had a dining reservation we could still spend 20 mins or so waiting to be seated. I felt we missed out on time in the park.
We stopped 6 nights at AKL first time and it's a lovely resort. Next time we had 8 nights at POFQ. We preferred POFQ as it was more relaxing and enjoyed the boat to Disney Springs. With AKL we had a balcony but we didn't spend much time on it.
We've booked POFQ for next year again and plan a couple of OOP meals. Planned to do this last time but we discovered Wolfgang puck Express at Disney Springs which is included with quick service but after ordering and paying it's delivered to your table.
Maybe plan a meal at AKL while you're there as a taster
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For a moderate resort I’d choose PO but upgrade to the TS dining plan. If not trying to save a few £ Id go AKL as in hotel terms it’s just better. I’ve stayed at both PO resorts and they are my preferred moderate choices. I don’t fancy Coronado simply because it’s a Conference hotel. I believe the pool is great though. I find the dining plans too much food but much prefer the TS meals. AKL is also my personal favourite hotel out of the 6 we have stayed at (3 moderated and 3 deluxe). But that’s just personal taste really. Don’t forget if you go table service your upgrade price is also an 18-20% tip on each TS meal.
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
What made the AKL better?
The lobby has a proper wow factor! There are no outside corridors (not motel style) which I preferred. Good choice of restaurants. Theming in general is great. Then there’s having the balcony (don’t get one at POFQ) and seeing the animals from it.
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
It would cost £1088 for 4 adults (the twins are adult age for the upgrade) for 16 nights at £17pppn.

Op, we've done both, but find that the QSDP works better for us, and our two teens agree too. We just like the flexibility and there's a lot of choice on the qs plan too. So, we stick with that and pay oop for a 2-3 TS meals. Don't forget to budget for tips too if you decide to go for the DDP as that can easily add another $500 for 16 meals (basing that on an average bill of $160 for 4 mains, desserts and drinks, especially now alcohol is included for adults).
Thx for reply.
What choices were there because i was thinking it would just be burger, pizza or hot dog lol.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Noooooo the days of burger and hot dogs are long gone thankfully. If you go on the Disney website and look st the restaurants, you can filter it for qs ones and look at the menu. Theres mexican, and all sorts now. If you want a hot dog you can use a snack credit for it.
We did ddp last year and it was lovely for the experience but next year we are doing qs and will maybe pay oop for an odd one or 2
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Thx for reply.
What choices were there because i was thinking it would just be burger, pizza or hot dog lol.
Gosh, there's loads of choice! In 5 trips (3 with QSDP and 2 with DDP) I haven't eaten a single burger or hot dog! I have had pizza, mainly from Blaze as they're do delicious and I cover mine in veges! There's everything from salmon, Chinese, Japanese, seared tuna, coq au vin, half roast chicken, pasta, salads, fajitas, curry - loads! You just need to do a bit of research beforehand otherwise it's easy to end up at burger/hot dog places all the time. I wrote a QSDP food report on our last trip with photos of everything we ate - the link is in blue at the bottom of my signature (website view all only, doesn't show if your looking at the Dibb using mobile view). I'll also be starting another live report in a month

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

We are staying 6 nights in CS next year, it was the cheapest of the mods. TBH all the mods are great and you are hardly there. We don’t like DDP as it is so restrictive and too much planning. We love the freedom and choice with the QS plan. Loads of places in Epcot and now you can have an alcoholic drink the eve QS will feel a bit more special. We use a snack as a breakfast and then visit different QS places. I don’t like hotdogs and burgers and it works great for me. Make sure and book a slot in the beauty and Beast restaurant to QS!
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
With 2 15 year olds I’d go for the QSDP, they can eat when they want with out the hassle of getting changed and being at a particular place at a set time. When my DD was 15 she’d get up late then have brunch then snack throughout the day then want her evening meal at time between 6 and 9. Myself and my mum could not keep up with her eating times, the food court was a god send. Set meal times for us wasn’t a option.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List